Got notification "Online Threat Prevention" after adding a Reolink camera to my wifi network

Just got this notification and am very concerned - is the new camera trying to scan my network and exploit my laptop?

I would love to be able to get more details to investigate this further.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Hello @wtoni,

This notification indicates that a device on your network attempted to exploit a vulnerability on your device. First, check your router's connected devices list to identify if a device has the IP address 192.168.0.232. You can log into your router's admin interface (usually accessible via a web browser by typing the router's IP address) and look for a list of connected devices. Once you identify the device, check it for any signs of malware or unusual activity by running a full scan with Bitdefender. If the device is not essential, consider disconnecting it from the network until you can be sure it is secure. If it is essential, limit its network access to only necessary services.

I would also recommend to change your Wi-Fi password and ensure it uses WPA3 encryption if supported, or WPA2 if WPA3 is not available, and ensure your router firmware is up to date.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/