Unified Wintun

Bazz43
edited July 24 in VPN

I am not able to connect with my broadband WiFi, and after 2 hours, I got Unified Winton 2 Internet. I got a message saying that Bitdefender is blocking my Internet connection! Is this a fault your end Bitdefender? If so, please fix it.

Comments

• Hello @Bazz43,

I think it will be necessary to contact the Support teams to follow a specific procedure here. Here you will find some helpful steps, but you will have to download and run a file provided by the technical support representatives:

You can get in touch with the Bitdefender engineers by choosing one of the contact channels listed here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

State your contact reason / choose request category, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Petersl
    Petersl Defender of the month ✭✭✭

This is what's in the bat file that support had me run:

@echo off
    setlocal

net stop bdvpnservice
    taskkill /F /IM bdvpnuiapp.exe
    taskkill /F /IM bdvpnapp.exe

mkdir C:\BDVPN

copy "C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender VPN\settings\bdvpn.xml" "C:\BDVPN\bdvpn.xml"

powershell -Command "(Get-Content 'C:\BDVPN\bdvpn.xml').replace('<switch_provider>1</switch_provider>', '<switch_provider>2</switch_provider>') | Set-Content 'C:\BDVPN\bdvpn.xml'"

copy /Y "C:\BDVPN\bdvpn.xml" "C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender VPN\settings\bdvpn.xml"

rmdir /S /Q C:\BDVPN

endlocal
    @echo on

• Thanks for jumping in @Petersl 🙏

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user