Bitdefender Online Threat Notification

Hi I consistently receive this notification from Bitdefender everytime I open Chrome browser, and keeps notifying me every 2 minutes, which is rather annoying already. I've noticed I had this after rolling up a Windows update. How can I resolve this like if this is a malware thing can it be removed? Or at least the notifications should stop if already recurring. Below is the report from Bitdefender which pops out every minute.

Feature :Online Threat PreventionWe blocked this dangerous page for your protection:https://backend.chatgptbygoogle.com/chatlong/inittokenDangerous pages attempt to install software that can harm the device, gather personal information or operate without your consent.

Answers

• Hi,
    I suggest you do a full scan with Bitdefender if you haven't already.
    Afterwards I suggest you clear your browser cache, delete any add-ons and check your extensions to see if they are trustworthy.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Hello @clavinova744,

This looks like a browser redirect, caused by some sort of extension. I would advise to reset the browsers you are using, reboot the device and check if the issue persists. It could be some form of adware, so you can have a look at the article below which better explains how these work and how to get rid of them:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2574/

This would require manual intervention from your side, because the antivirus cannot actually remove these redirects by itself when they happen, if this is some adware that you agreed on or something you enabled, like site setting, site notification, redirects in your browser or installed toolbars, extensions or applications. But like you noticed, it will protect you whenever they try to redirect to malicious websites.

Let us know what worked for you.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user