Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Multiple Problems

Options

Windows 7 (64 bit) and BitDefender Internet Security 2011 (version 14.0.23.312) problems. Logged into Windows as Administrator.

1. In the dashboard screen... Shield page... the protection level slider is greyed out and the setting says "CUSTOM - Administrator-defined settings" which includes "Don't scan email messages". If I click the "Default Level" button nothing happens. If I click "Custom Level" the "Real Time Protection" options screen appears but any changes I make there (ticking the "check email" boxes) have no effect. Obviously, I want to have my emails checked as they arrive. When first installed the BitDefender pop-up windows used to appear as emails arrived - it doesn't show now.

2. In Outlook 2007 there is no BitDefender toolbar. I can find it in "Tools...TrustCenter...Addins" where it was ticked until Outlook popped-up with a warning that it was having problems with the toolbar and asked if I wanted to switch it off (I did). When I try to switch it on again (not that it worked before!) I get "The connected state of Office Add-ins registered in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE cannot be changed.". The toolbar works fine in Thunderbird.

3. Search Advisor is ticked in the dashboard, but there are no green ticks in Internet Exploer Google searches (there used to be when BitDefender was first installed). No ticks in Opera either.

I have exactly the same issues on another installation on my Windows 7 (32 bit) laptop.

Another installation on my Windows Vista PC works just fine with no issues at all.

It seems to me that all the issues started after I enabled the "Home Network". After trying this feature I found it to be of limited use and disabled it.

I suppose I can re-install BitDefender. How do I do this without, of course, losing my license key.

Help? ...Robin

Comments

• Hi Robin,

I believe that the reason why you encounter all these issues is due to a fault installation of BitDefender 2011 or having one or more security solutions installed on the same computer.

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

[How to CAPTURE A SCREENSHOT]

- When the error message is on your screen press the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right; At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

- Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation from Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint);

- Paste the picture in a new Paint document (using Edit > Paste);

- Save the file in JPEG format

- attach it to this topic.

Make sure you mask the license key if that screenshot includes the Registration details !!

Looking forward to your answer!

Kind regards,

• Report generated and link sent via PM.

• Errrm... any progress with my problem?

• Hi,

I have analyze the logs you sent me and created a ticket in order to further investigate. Your ticket ID is: 201008261009206. Instructions on how to resolve the issue you are facing (due to a faulty installation of BitDefender) were sent to your email. Please confirm via email if the issue was resolved.

Regards,

• Well - as I emailed - uninstall, clean, reinstall, worked and everything was fine (except for the Outlook 2007 toolbar failure).

Now, 24 hours later, I'm back to square one with exactly the same problems as I started with. I think it all went wrong again afer a full system scan but that might be just when I noticed it.

I'm damned if I'm going to go thru it all again.

If you can't fix it permanently this time then I need a refund. How do I go about getting the refund? I wondered why BD was so chea.p compared to proper antivirus like Kaspersky, McAfee etc.

• Hello Robin,

As mentioned in *several* topics, having more than a single security solution installed on the same computer will cause trouble. The logs showed us that you had a McAfee security solution installed prior installing BitDefender and it was not correctly removed.

In other words it's normal to have the Real Time Protection disabled as it conflicts with the one from McAfee. Please read THIS document on how to correctly remove McAfee then reinstall BitDefender once the Windows registry are clean again.

Regards,

• Too late - I've wasted enough time on this already.

I've removed all BitDefender products from my PCs and asked for a refund

• Topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.