Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]No Internet Connection Detected To Activate Account/product

Options

Hello,

Brand new laptop computer running Windows 7. Purchased and downloaded BitDefender Internet Security 2011 and installed/registered. However, could not at the time and still am unable to create/sign in to an account with BitDefender because I am getting the following error message:

Error Message: "Product activation with the license key and the BitDefender account you have provided failed because no internet connection has been detected."

At the time of receiving the message I am in fact connected to the internet and can view various websites. This issue is preventing BitDefender from being able to update and therefore preventing the product from being effective.

I called the support line and they said that they would send me an email with a fix (instructions and tool) within 24 hours. Waited 24 hours and called again, and apparently they had sent an email but it is neither in my Mail or Spam Mail boxes. They said they would send another one in 24/48 hours. I really need to have it up and running as soon as possible however, and that is when I found this forum and was wondering if there was any way to get the process expedited.

Thank you very much.

(Also, the first time I called, they gave me the I/D number 201008301001815, but have not referenced it since. Not sure if this helps or not.)

Comments

• Hello MarmotMan,

The first email from my colleague was blocked by Gmail. I have resent all the necessary instructions to both of your email accounts.

Thank you for your patience.

• Hello MarmotMan,

The first email from my colleague was blocked by Gmail. I have resent all the necessary instructions to both of your email accounts.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Tech support..

i have the same issue with Marmotman, can you pls advise me also....

• Hi Jech,

I have created a ticket on your behalf and sent you instructions on how to troubleshoot and resolve the issue you encounter via email. Check your address associated with the forum account.

Ticket ID: 201101021019257

Looking forward to your answer!

This discussion has been closed.