Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Disabled

Options

All of the bitdefender features are really good except the firewall. At the startup, the bitdefender firewall is disabled. I have to enable it manually. It happed about 2 days after the installation.

Please help me get out of this mess.

Thanks

Comments

• Unknown
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hello,

Please tell me if the issue occurs after each computer restart even if you run the Firewall troubleshoot. Also please mention what BitDefender product are you using and what Operating System.

Last but not least check your email associated with your forum account and generate the requested logs. When you have them reply to my email and enclose all requested information.

Regards,

• svbk
    Options

I have posted a reply. Please check your email and tell me the solution as soon as possible. Thanks so much.

• Hi,

I have analyzed the logs you provided me with and I noticed that you have 2 processes running from a different security solution, TuneUp Utilities. Please uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel then restart the computer.

After restart save then run the file below to completely remove any traces of BitDefender 2011:

Uninstall tool BitDefender 2011

Click on the Uninstall button then wait for the process to complete follow by a computer restart. After the second restart run the CCleaner Registry cleaner along with the temporary files one and remove all unnecessary files that may still be stored on your computer.

Last but not least re-install BitDefender Total Security 2011 by downloading the file below according to your computer architecture (32-bit or 64-bit):

32bits:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2011_32b.exe

64bits:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2011_64b.exe

I have also enclosed all these instructions in an email. Check your inbox and let me know if the issue was fixed after following the steps above.

Kind regards,

• nancy
    edited December 2010
    Options

Hi

I have a problem with the firewall, it's been a while since it ask me to fix the problem, but every time I try, it won't let me, it only shows "Failed to communicate with the Bitdefender Security service"

I will appreciate some help here :)

Thanks!!

• mastermind2
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Hi

I have a problem with the firewall, it's been a while since it ask me to fix the problem, but every time I try, it won't let me, it only shows "Failed to communicate with the Bitdefender Security service"

I will appreciate some help here :)

Thanks!!

also I Have problem with this . Thanks

• nikki605
    edited December 2010
    Options

@nan0320 - Please follow the procedure below to generate and send log files from your PC to BD tech support for further investigation:

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one. This prevents the supporttools files from being automatically uploaded.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may take several days for them to analyze the files and respond depending on their workload, so please be patient. Remember also, that we are entering the Christmas & New Year's holiday season so BD will be running with reduced staff. It may take a little longer for your logs to be analyzed and the results posted.

Happy Holidays,

• @mastermind2 - Please follow the same procedure I gave to @nan0320.

Happy Holidays,

This discussion has been closed.