Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Security 2011 Issue, Bitdefender Won't Start

Options
woody32259
edited August 2010 in Old topics

When I start my computer the BitDefender attempts to load and then displays a grey icon, when you hover over the icon a message appears which reads: BitDefender services are not responding. Please restart the computer and if the problem persists contact BitDefender support. Can anyone give me a hand resolving this? Running windows Vista.

Thanks,

Woody

Comments

• Hello,

In order to troubleshoot the situation that you are currently dealing with, please send us the following information:

Please complete the following steps and send me the logs generated at the end of these steps as listed below:

1. Download THIS tool;

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the black window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. Send us the following files:

- sysdump.tar

- bdinstall.bin

- a screen shot of the issue you encounter - you will need to try to install BitDefender again to reproduce the error message

NOTE: the file called "bdinstall.bin" from C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data (for Windows XP) or C:\Users\All Users (for Windows Vista or 7)

Please follow the steps below in order to be able to see that folder:

[how to DISPLAY HIDDEN OBJECTS]

- go to your "Control Panel" and open "Folder Options";

- then go to the "View" tab and perform the changes listed below:

* check "Display contents of system folders"

* check "Show hidden files and folders"

* uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types"

* uncheck "Hide protected operating system files"

- click "Apply" and then "OK" to exit.

NOTE: On Microsoft Windows Vista or 7 you will apply the same steps except for selecting "Display contents of system folders".

Please make sure to include all the above information in your reply so that we can properly identify the cause of the issue and come up with a solution for it. To send me the requested information please upload the files HERE then send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

Kind regards,