Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

This Product Is Already Installed

Options

For some reason after uninstalling bdis2011 you cant reinstall it. I did make a post about this problem earlier but no answer so im making a thread instead.

I receive error "This product is already installed" when im trying to install BDIS2011 again.

First problem that occured was auto-update being greyed out and service unavaible.

Then i read about the problem on the forums and the fix seemed to be reinstalling. Well, that didnt exactly fix anything. Now ive been unprotected for a few days and i dont like it one bit since i have 4 other guys on the same network and they arent exactly good with computers.

Comments

• For some reason after uninstalling bdis2011 you cant reinstall it. I did make a post about this problem earlier but no answer so im making a thread instead.

I receive error "This product is already installed" when im trying to install BDIS2011 again.

First problem that occured was auto-update being greyed out and service unavaible.

Then i read about the problem on the forums and the fix seemed to be reinstalling. Well, that didnt exactly fix anything. Now ive been unprotected for a few days and i dont like it one bit since i have 4 other guys on the same network and they arent exactly good with computers.

I had the same problem, and I figured out that I this happened because BD wasn't removed completely (I just uninstalled it normally). Then I downloaded the "bitdefender uninstall tool" and run it. That's how the problem got fixed.

• Hello,

Please check THIS article about the Uninstall tool for BitDefender.

Also check the link below for full installation links for all BitDefender Desktop products.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=21137

Reinstall it then let me know if the issue still occur.

Regards,

• Finally. Thank you for finally making a uninstall for 2011 versions that works properly.

Install was also successful!

• I noticed the new removal tool is quite a bit larger than the initial version. It obviously does a better job of cleaning up a BD install. :)

• Actually, this is something I was wondering about...

All the documentation says that it's okay to uninstall BD and any other security software from your machine using the Add/Remove control panel. But after talking to the Tech people concerning the problem I'm having with MY bd, they were all "NONONO! You Mustn't Use that!!!" and they instructed me to download not only the BD uninstallers, but told me that I should be contacting the manufacturers of the other sec. software I have and get official uninstallers from them... I'm a bit confused because, both the BD website and the help files indicate the Add/Remove option is fine and people usually check those before making the phone calls. Should that be changed in the documentation?

• The, what I will call "official" company position on this is in this FAQ:

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB678-en--How-Do...-Products?.html

Personally, and this is true of just about any security software maker I've dealt with not just BD, I've come to realize that there is the "marketing" point of view (like what you read in the FAQ) and then there is the "technical" point of view (what you read here in the forums). The truth lies somewhere in between.

Typically, I will try the Repair or Remove function that is part of the program when it was installed, first. Or, if that is not available, I will go into Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs. If either of those do not go to normal completion, or if they do but after rebooting the PC acts strangely, then I will use the uninstall tool.

Now the fine print: the views expressed here are those of the author (me) and do not necessarily reflect the views of BitDefender or its employees. :D

• Hello,

To clear things a little about the uninstall tool and the article in our KnowledgeBase.

- you can use the Start -> BitDefender 2011 -> Repair or Remove feature to remove BitDefender.

- you can also remove it from Add/Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel

- if you find files still present in your PC after the removal was complete and the PC restarted use the uninstall tool. That should remove all traces of BitDefender.

That is pretty much the same as Gary advised you. I will consider the question answered and the case resolved. If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime by creating a new topic.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.