Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Total Security 2011 Not Working After Registration

Options

I downloaded and installed BD total security 2011, if I used evaluation everything seems to be working, but after I enter my license key and activate my account, Windows 7 action center reports that BD firewall is turned off, and when I try to turn it on or off in BD security center I get the following error "failed to communicate with the bitdefender security service"

the second issue is that in bd security center, the protection level is grayed out (I'can't change it) in the Antivirus tab

Plz help I already installed it and uninstalled it a couple of times with the same problem, I even formatted my laptop and installed BD 2011 total security program and still the same problem.

I have win 7 x64, and my laptop is TOshiba Qosmio x500, and it comes preequipped with Macafee internet security but I uninstalled after the recovery and before installing BD 2011

Comments

• nikki605
    edited September 2010
    Options

Did you "uninstall" McAfee or use their clean removal tool? If you didn't use their tool, I would suggest trying it first, then installing BD.

Download from here: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

Do you have any other security programs installed?

• Did you "uninstall" McAfee or use their clean removal tool? If you didn't use their tool, I would suggest trying it first, then installing BD.

Download from here: http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

Do you have any other security programs installed?

I used Mcafee removal tool and the same problem persisted, and I don't have any other security programs installed

• Hello,

@Gary: thanks for the helping ;)

@mdyf5: please follow the steps below then send me via PM the download link for the logs you created:

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

[How to CAPTURE A SCREENSHOT]

- When the error message is on your screen press the "PrintScreen" key on your keyboard ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right; At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

- Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation from Start > Programs > Accessories > Paint);

- Paste the picture in a new Paint document (using Edit > Paste);

- Save the file in JPEG format

- attach it to this topic.

Kind regards,

• You're welcome. You seem to be using this supporttool post a lot lately. :unsure:

(No reply necessary). ;)

• It's the first step in troubleshooting any possible issue with BitDefender as it gathers logs for it, can also check for any security solutions installed, can check for the drivers and running processes. In other words it's the tool that helps us understand the issue and how to proceed further.

Yours,

• I don't mean to hijack this topic and I'll stop posting after this question.

In general, are you finding the root cause of these types of problems to be conflicts with other programs, an incomplete/corrupt installation of BD, or something else?

Thanks,

Gary

• Hi Mdyf5,

Any update on the issue ?

@Gary: both and something else , depends on each case. That's why it's vital to see the SupportTool logs first. Most of the times I can figure it out only from these logs and provide a quick and easy resolution. It also gathers logs and dump files in case of any PC crash.

You can create one on your PC then check its content. I believe you will find it useful :)

• @ DanyDan

Thanks for the reply, I'll follow your Instructions and upload the files

Thanks again