Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Help - Upgrade Problems

Options

Hello, I recently upgraded from bit defender total security 2010 to 2011. It works great for the first while after I start my computer. But then after some time (lets say 5 hours) the icon turns grey. I can not click on it or anything. When I open bit defender directly it says 2 things. The first is that I do not have a bit defender account created, which is wrong because I registared and still have about 600 days left. Second it says "Bit defender services are not responding" It tells me to restart my computer. Every time I restart I can get it to work but then it will stop working again later. Is this because I upgraded wrong? I did everything that I was suppose to do, used the uninstall tool and restarted in safe mode etc..

My system info

Windows 7 64 bit home premium

Bit difender total security 64 bit

Any help would be great! Thanks

Comments

• Hello,

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

Make sure you mask the license key if that screenshot includes the Registration details.

Looking forward to your answer!