Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Save Settings

Options

There doesn't appear to be any method of saving settings in Security Centre and in particular the Firewall Protection Level keeps defaulting to "Allow Known Programs" when I keep setting it to "Report"

Will cause problems for me and is more than a little irritating...

Seem to remember this problem from previous incarnations too???

Comments

• Hello mates,

I am having the same exact issue and it is really annoying as you said it. Is there any solution to this problem?

I am using "Bitdefender internet security".

I would like to add another issue, if you allow me:

I am having a warning in the dashboard: "This PC has never been scanned for viruses". If I choose to start the scan process, it fails, even though, I have no problems scanning other than from this menu. The strange thing is that I have scheduled "A full system scan" to run on a daily basis and it's working flawlessly. So I do not understand why I am having this alert. Thank you for any support. Bye.

• Hello,

I am already aware of the settings issue not being kept under Antivirus module. The issue has been escalated and we are working on a fix. The resolution will come as an automatic update that requires no further action on your behalf.

@Luffy: Try to run each of the system tasks (deep, full and quick system scan) and let me know if any issues occur or the scans were complete without any errors. What Operating System are you using ? What BitDefender product ? I would also like to see a supporttool log as explained below:

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

Regards,

• Hello,

Thank you DanyDan for your support.

I am already aware of the settings issue not being kept under Antivirus module. The issue has been escalated and we are working on a fix. The resolution will come as an automatic update that requires no further action on your behalf.

For me, it's the "Firewall module" that is not saving.

What Operating System are you using ?

I am using windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.

What BitDefender product ?

I am using "Bitdefender Internet Security 2011".

Try to run each of the system tasks (deep, full and quick system scan) and let me know if any issues occur or the scans were complete without any errors.

I have run a "Deep system scan" without any problem. Full and Quick system scans are no longer available in my options. I noticed, that they are gone after some bitdefender update.

1. First please unplug .....

10. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

Done.

Thank you very much. I am looking forward for a solution. Bye.

• Unknown
    edited October 2010
    Options

Hi and sorry for the misunderstanding. I was talking about the Firewall module.

@luffy: please check your GMail email for further instructions. Your ticket ID is: 201010011010871

Also please post in here a screenshot of the Antivirus -> Virus Scan -> System tasks

• Thank you for the answer. Well I did what I have been told to do. Bye.

• Bonjour Yacine,

I have sent you the results of the analysis via email. Note that having more than a single security solution will influence BitDefender and prevent it from running correctly.

Uninstall Windows Live Family Safety and Ashampoo WinOptimizer as explained in my email and let me know if the issue persist.

Kind regards,

This discussion has been closed.