Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

3 Day Old 2011 Installation - Anti Virus Failing To Load

Options
trinaz
edited September 2010 in Old topics

I can not restart and/or turn on the anti virus protection in my new 20011 BDIS isntall...worked OK for a couple days ?

The below two jpg's are screen shots of the issue...all other services respond...antivirus doesn't ?

Please suggest what I might do to correct this...have done an install/repair but no joy ?

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Thanks...TR

post-31073-1285888057_thumb.jpg

post-31073-1285888069_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hello,

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

• Thanks...came across this info last night...but just before I started...there was an update...although not a "silent" update...after the update Bitdefender returned to normal...no isssues now with AV module ?

Thanks...TimInAz

• Glad to see the issue was resolved with the product update released today. If you have any further queries either create a new topic or send Us an email.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.