Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows Mail & Anti Spam

Options

I'm using BDTS2011. When closing windows mail, the system indicates that windows mail is not responding. Reclicking the close-button gives following pop-up:

"Programming not responding, what do you want to do?:

* Close & restart program,

* Close program,

* wiat untill it responds?

Next time you start windows mail, the program works correctly but the antispam toolbar is missing! Closing windows mail works properly but after restarting Windows Vista the problems comes back.

Anyone having the same problem? Do you know a solution?

Thanks Stef.

Comments

• Unknown
    edited October 2010
    Options

Hi Stef,

The issue you encounter has been already acknowledge by our Team and escalated to the respectful department. A fix will be released as soon as possible in terms of an automatic update that requires no further actions on your behalf. As a workaround all you need to do is have the Antispam module disabled.

Do you have BitDefender in French ?

I'm sorry for this inconvenience, rest assure that you will have my answer in the shortest time possible.

Regards,

• Acrostef
    edited October 2010
    Options

Nope, the installation was done in Dutch! I hope the buggfix will come soon.

Thanks anyway.

Hi Stef,

The issue you encounter has been already acknowledge by our Team and escalated to the respectful department. A fix will be released as soon as possible in terms of an automatic update that requires no further actions on your behalf. As a workaround all you need to do is have the Antispam module disabled.

Do you have BitDefender in French ?

I'm sorry for this inconvenience, rest assure that you will have my answer in the shortest time possible.

Regards,

• Hi I have the same problem, it loads the toolbar in WMail only sometimes, and when it does WM wont then respond if asked to close.

It's also proving a problem when i try to shut down the pc as it wont close then either.

How does one turn off the anti spam function as recommended above?

thanks

Charlotte

installation done in English on vista home premium

• Hi,

To disable the Antispam you open BitDefender Security Center and switch it to Expert View from the Options button. Then go to the Antispam module and disable it (uncheck the box next to Antispam module is Enabled). I would also like to request the following information from both of you: Charlotte57 and Acrostef:

- your Operating System

- your PC architecture

- BitDefender product and version

- does the issue also occur with Outlook Express on Windows XP or another email client? (If applicable)

- follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Kind regards,

• Hi,

To disable the Antispam you open BitDefender Security Center and switch it to Expert View from the Options button. Then go to the Antispam module and disable it (uncheck the box next to Antispam module is Enabled). I would also like to request the following information from both of you: Charlotte57 and Acrostef:

- your Operating System

- your PC architecture

- BitDefender product and version

- does the issue also occur with Outlook Express on Windows XP or another email client? (If applicable)

- follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Kind regards,

hi DanyDan,

I have disabled antispam, thks for that.

I have vista home premium 32bit, AMD64 dual core processor TK-57 1.90Hz, 2GB RAM(sorry dont know what 'pc architecture' means i assumed it was this.)

Bit Defender total security 2011

dont have any other emailclients/OS to test it on

On trying to follow the steps with the support tool- (running as administrator)

unfortunately the support tool gets to the 'executing tools' window with the progress bar, and then makes no progress whatsoever, nothing happens, even after 30minutes. I have tried it twice, first without 'recreating the problem' and the second time doing so(including support tool initiated reboot).

Same result both times. gets to the part where it's supposed to be executing tools... and then executes nothing, just sits with the window open indefinately, showing no movement on prog bar.

• DanyDan

I ran the support tool again and left it for a while, it opened a window saying the support tool had encountered a critical error. I saved the file... should i pm you with it?

thks

• Yes Charlotte57, furthermore please follow the steps below just to stay on the safe side and be certain I get the logs I need to identify the reason of the issue you encounter.

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

Looking forward to your answer!

• I have done that and pm'd you.

thanks

This discussion has been closed.