Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Security 2011 Problem

Options

I just installed the Internet Security 2011. The protection level in the antivirus tab was set to custom-administrator defined settings. So, i changed it to default level. After restarting, it changed back to custome-administrator defined settings again. This time i couldn't change the settings. Everything was grey out including the encryption check box for yahoo and windows live messenger. Well, this wasn't a bit issue but bitdefender is not scanning my incoming emails annymore. Even if i change the settings in the protection level, it will change back. HELP!!!

I am running on windows 7 home premium 64bit.

p/s before this i was using the anitivirus pro 2011. No problem at all. I have uninstalled(using the bitdefender uninstall tool) and reinstalled for more than 5 times now.

post-37635-1286426966_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hello,

Please read THIS POST then send me the results of the Support Tool via PM.

Looking forward to your answer!

• I've also got this problem on Bitdefender 2011 Internet Security 64 bit.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit home premium with no other security or anti-spyware software installed.

The Anti-virus tab shows "Custom - Administrator Defined Settings" which has also decided to turn-off e-mail scanning (see screenshot). The settings are locked in that I can click the "default" button but that has no effect and I can click on "Custom Level" and tick the two e-mail scanning options followed by OK. When I go back into Custom Level, the ticks are removed.

I've tried repairing from "start -> All programs -> Bitdefender 2011 -> Repair or Remove" but that makes no difference. I've also uninstalled with Uninstall Tool, reboot, CCleaner Registry cleaner, Reboot and then reistalling Bitdefender (done this at least 3 times). With current installation (yesterday) it installed with setup on Anti-virus tab showing Default Settings, but then when I started computer today it has reverted back to "Custom - Administrator Defined Settings".

post-38601-1288643978_thumb.jpg

• Hi Mark,

As we need more details about the issue you encounter please check your email associated with your forum account and send me via email the requested log files. Your ticket ID is: 201011021012145

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.