Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Compatible With Windows 7 64 Bit?! Think Again.

Options

I’ve been a avid BitDefender user since 2005 but I think the company might have just lost another long time customer due to the BitDefender services randomly not working, disappearing from the taskbar and also causing games to not launch. I have Windows 7 64 Bit and BitDefender 2011 Pro 64 bit version. I’ve updated all drivers, windows updates, etc… its apparent there isn’t a fix for this…yet. So I uninstalled BitDefender and am using nod32 for 30 day trail until something comes up. If BitDefender doesn’t fix this within 30 days consider me gone for good.

So people at bitdefender… flatter me. I don’t need any kiddy step tutorials or BS workarounds that aren’t going to work nor do any of your other unsatisfied Windows 7 64 Bit customers. We want to know when a fix will be out because obviously BitDefender is NOT compatible with Windows 7 64 Bit.

Comments

• jdub - welcome to the forum :)

Interesting. I've had BDAV Pro 2011 running on my Win7 x64 laptop (config in my sig) with no "services randomly not working" problems. So I would disagree with your blanket statement that "BitDefender is NOT compatible with Windows 7 64 Bit."

There must be something different between your PC and mine.

But since you don't want any "kiddy step tutorials or BS workarounds."...

What can we do to help?

Again, welcome,

• jdub
    Options
    jdub - welcome to the forum :)

Interesting. I've had BDAV Pro 2011 running on my Win7 x64 laptop (config in my sig) with no "services randomly not working" problems. So I would disagree with your blanket statement that "BitDefender is NOT compatible with Windows 7 64 Bit."

There must be something different between your PC and mine.

But since you don't want any "kiddy step tutorials or BS workarounds."...

What can we do to help?

Again, welcome,

I don’t know what to tell you guys. I’ve heard rumors and have read multiple articles online about BitDefender having issues with Windows 7 64 Bit…so what’s there not to believe? I’d appreciate some honesty and would like the company to just admit there is a problem. I’ve been running eset nod32 trail version (64 bit) for 3 days now and have not had a single issue. NOW, I would like to come back as a bitdefender user because I’ve been using the software for 5 years now but after 2 weeks of no luck I’ve pretty much given up. It hasn’t been too bad on system resources/memory but it definitely disappears from time to time and goes inactive (greyed out) and also has caused some games (mainly steam games) to not run. And no, I don’t have any viruses. I just recently reformatted my computer and like I said, again, have gotten all windows updates and drivers for all hardware (board, bios, gpu, chipset, etc..) So until there is a fix I’m not coming back. It’s pretty sad too considering I have another 350+ days for my license and the program is uninstalled on my computer. Eek.

• Hi jdub,

Since you've already uninstalled BD, would you be willing to use their Sysdump tool to send the tech support folks some files so they can investigate?

I'll post the instructions, but only if you agree so as not to offend. ;)

Awaiting your reply,

• jdub
    Options
    Hi jdub,

Since you've already uninstalled BD, would you be willing to use their Sysdump tool to send the tech support folks some files so they can investigate?

I'll post the instructions, but only if you agree so as not to offend. ;)

Awaiting your reply,

I won't offend anymore. I hope this doesn't require I have to reinstall BD... beacuse I won't. If that's the case, please send me whatever I need to do and how to submit these files to the BD tech. Thanks.

• OK. You won't have to reinstall BD. The sysdump takes a snapshot of you PC - hardware config, installed software, drivers loaded, etc.

Now, having said that, the resulting files MAY or may NOT give them a clue as to what may be going on within your system, but since you've already uninstalled BD, it's the best tool they have to start.

Here goes:

1. Download this file: http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR' and will be located in the same folder where you ran sysdump.exe from.

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your problem symptoms. Also provide any other relevant configuration information.

Depending on their workload, it may take several days for them to respond.

Thanks for your assistance,

• Unknown
    edited October 2010
    Options

Hi,

Jdub a rumor is not necessary true. I also work on both Windows 7 x86 and x64 and I have NO ISSUES with BitDefender. Furthermore ALL reports that I worked on regarding the Services not responding on the 2011 version were due to either not uninstalling the prior BitDefender version correctly OR/AND having multiple security solutions installed in your PC.

NOTE: even if you believe that you uninstalled a security solution correctly from Add/Remove Programs, if you did not check the Windows registry for any possible entries still stored in your PC then you will have issues with your PC when trying to install the same software or an equivalent one.

Follow the steps Gary advised you in the post above and send me the logs so we can take a look at your PC and try to find a resolution. Also please provide me with the following:

- RAM memory

- processor

- detailed description of the issue you encountered with BitDefender - EVEN IF you do not have it installed anymore.

Regards,

• I get random popups advising an error, using Bit Defender 2010 Internet security on a brand new HP desktop with Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium.

The popups appear just after launching the IE8 browser, or Windows Live Mail, so I'd suppos the Bit Defender 'crash' is related to scanning the incoming or outgoing internet communication traffic or handshaking (not data).

Here is my "beef". Every time I get the error popup, it offers to send the details to Bit Defender, and I provide (fill in) my contact info with emal address.

I have gotten no communication back from Bit Defender on any of these automated submissions that contain the full details of the circumstances of the error.

This discussion has been closed.