Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cleanest Way To Uninstall 2011 Internet Security

Options
trinaz
edited October 2010 in Old topics

Considering uninstalling my new BDIS 2011 installed earlier this month. Have an open trouble ticket but there are multiple issues I'm dealing with and I don't have alot of confidence that we'll be able to find solutions...but I'm willing to give BDIS 2011 one more try. Have a 5 PC package but BDIS is causing lots of problems only on the one Win 7 Pro 64bit system. When I uninstalled 2010 I asked about an uninstaller in this thread ( http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=21465 ) as follows:

Sep 27 2010, 02:08 PM Post #3

Hello TiminAz,

Restoring Windows will in most cases corrupt BitDefender. I recommend running the uninstaller tool and then upgrading to BitDefender 2011.

- The uninstaller tool can be found at:
( Considering unintaalling my new BDIS 20011 installed earlier this month. When I uninstalled 2010 I asked in thios thread (
) as follows:

- The BitDefender Internet Security 2011 install package can be downloaded from:

Keep us posted

L.E. @nikki605 that could also be worth a try

Question is...if tech support can not come up with an answer for all the on-going graying out occurrences and resulting reboots...for 2011 is there a different "Registry Cleaner" for BDIS 2011 than the one used for cleaning the registry after uninstalling BDIS 2010 ?

Thanks...TR

Comments

• By chance did you see this pinned topic by DanyDan at the top of the 2011 forum? In it, Daniel states, "Note: this uninstall tool will also remove previous versions of BitDefender,not only 2011."

Hope this helps,

• trinaz
    edited October 2010
    Options

Well yes I did...and what I was asking is is the file recommended by George R. also OK to run on 2011 (after running DD's uninstaller) to remove all the registry entries that were left in the system after uninstalling 2010 ( running DannyDan's uninstaller ) that I assume will be left over again after running the same BitDefender_Uninstall_Tool.exe on 2011 ?

Doesn't make alot of sense to re-install if there are numerous existing Bitdefender entries in the Registry that may affect the new hopefully "clean" install of 2011...or so it seems to me.

• Hello TiminAz,

The solutions given by the technical staff are for the worst case scenario only. Installing BitDefender (and any software for that matter) on a clean machine is the first step in troubleshooting any situation.

Clean means there are no malware issues and any other conflicting software has been uninstalled properly.

Technical issues aside, BitDefender 2011 can be installed even over previous versions of BitDefender, as the uninstall process is automatic.

This discussion has been closed.