Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Second Chance For Bdis 2011 - Same Problems After A Couple Days

Options

Trying very hard to get BD2011 to work on my Windows Pro 64bit PC not withstanding previous posts saying there are no issues with these 2 programs. Most common answer is that there was some anti-virus/spyware on my system prior to install. Well...this was a complete clean install of Win Pro 64bit on a new HDD. Other than completing all Windows updates after the initial flawless totally clean install...the VERY FIRST program installed on this PC was BDIS 2010....in fact...BD2010 was purchased SPECIFICALLY for this reason.

At first BD2010 worked fine...in fact...have the 5 PC package and all PC's (various operating systems) worked fine. Around mid-summer I began having gray-outs and other issues with my PC (Win7 Pro 64 bit) PC only. After a couple months of restarts and reboots trying to make my PC usable...tech support recommended upgrading to 2011.

Worked fine for a few days and then again grayouts...reboots..and a couple other issues started again.

After trying to solve issues here...I decided to completely remove 2011 and try one more time. Used the BD2011 uninstaller...also a bat file to remove registry entries left over...and also manually went thru the registry and removed a few remaning 2011 registry entries...and a couple dozen 2010 entries. Defragged and started over with a new install of BDIS 2011.

As before worked fine with NO issues for a few days...then same'o-same'o issues began again.

Have attached various jpgs with the issues illustrated.

Most common issue in the re-try is that AV services are reported as not active...but av services show as enabled ? This happens always after an auto update.

This time so far...the issues are not preventing me from doing most of my work on the PC...work out of my home office and spend alot of time on-line trying to make a living...so these ongoing issues are more than just an annoyance.

Please let me know what log files...system reports...and or dumps I am willing to send on to try to figure out what the problem is and more importanatly...can it be solved ? Again...having no issues with 3 other XP pro PC's and one other Windows Pro 32bit PC's running BDIS ? Also no issues on my PC either with Windows Pro 64bit and/or ANY of the numerous other programs including MS Office Suite, Adobe Master Web Design Suite, other advanced graphics and document editing/manipulation programs...and on and on.

Thanks...TR

post-31073-1288452534_thumb.jpg

post-31073-1288452566_thumb.jpg

post-31073-1288452576_thumb.jpg

post-31073-1288452586_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hi Tim,

I have re-open the ticket ID: 201010231005974. Please check your email.

• Hi Tim,

I have re-open the ticket ID: 201010231005974. Please check your email.

Thanks DD...after working on changing settings/options etc yesterday afternoon...BDIS2011 has been working without error or fault now for over 24 hrs !! Of course I did not write down each time I made a change to the BD settings/custom settings...but I think I know the main ones that might have stopped BD from burping almost after every update ?

Ofcourse...some update yesterday might also have corrected the multiple issues ?

Will make some notes and let you know what changes seemed to be the effective ones. Will wait another day or so to see if BDIS2011 keeps humming along without issues !?

Tim

This discussion has been closed.