Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Security 2011 Hassle Activating [solved]

Options

Currently, I am in the process of TRYING to get Bit Defender Internet Security 2011 activated. At first, I tried to install the trial version provided by the website, but that failed because the program could not connect to the server to create/register an account. But, considering I had BitDefender 2008 and it worked well, I decided to purchase online and download the full version of Internet Security.

Unfortunately, the servers were down that day, and as a result I could not get my activation key though the money was taken from my account. Funny how those servers that manage financial transactions never get screwed up. It wasn't till the following day that I finally received the activation key via e-mail. After trying the activation key, Bit Defender told me it could not access the internet since no connection was found. Kind of funny that, because Bit Defender has me uninstall the Norton antivirus I had as a temporary and that antivirus had no problem finding its servers or updates. And now, I've had to move my computer to another location with no internet access, so connecting to activate via internet will not be easy unless I plan to physically move my computer (again) miles to different locations to test the connectivity to see if Bit Defender can access the internet or not to update.

Fortunately, I've already got a ticket with tech support and I am hoping they can register an account for me, send me the information, and hopefully, the toolkit provided in this forum to activate Internet Security 2011 offline. But now I'm worried that the program won't let me update manually unless I have a registered account or if it can't access the net. Would someone:

1) Provide me the toolkit or link to the toolkit to activate BitDefender offline?

2) Let me know if I can update manually without having to connect BitDefender to the internet every so often. My plan was to keep my system offline (due to my work), and download the updates from other computers and manually install them to my own system where BitDefender is stored.

I have an Athlon AMD 3500 64bit running windows XP 32bit, no previous version of Bit Defender installed other than the failed try at the trial version, and an uninstalled version of Norton Internet Security that the downloaded full version of Bit Defender had me uninstall. Sorry if this e-mail sounds terse, but I've been at this for a few days and the company behind BD hasn't exactly made it easy for those with limited internet access to get the activation of the product done. You guys may want to consider telephone product activation like Microsoft does. Just an idea.

Comments

• George R.
    edited October 2010
    Options

Hello rtl,

One quick question, did you get the chance to register the license key before moving the computer offline?

L.E. Offline activation is possible, however you require an internet connection (at least initially) for the license key to register.

L.E.2 Weekly updates are available here (32bit only)

• rtl
    Options
    Hello rtl,

One quick question, did you get the chance to register the license key before moving the computer offline?

L.E. Offline activation is possible, however you require an internet connection (at least initially) for the license key to register.

L.E.2 Weekly updates are available here (32bit only)

Thank you, George. But, a friend of a mine, a wizard in computers managed to re-install and used his internet to access/activate the account. So everything is all set now. My account is now activated! Thank you for your patience and assistance. Happy Halloween to all!

• That is great to hear :)

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.