Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Pchooklaunch64.exe - Application Error

Hello,

I recently installed BD 2011 Total Security, I have Windows 7 64bit Ultimate on my desktop.

I keep getting this error "The exception unknown software exception (0xc0000417) occurred in the application and location 0x75244fc0." and I click ok and nothing really happens, but this annoying error comes up when I'm doing anything; gaming, using photoshop, watching a movie, you name it!

Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Hello,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

I have received your PM with the logs. The analysis came with the following results, as also explained in the email I sent you.

The ticket ID I created for you is: 201011061006918.

You do not have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable installed for x64, just for x86.

Please check your email associated with your forum account for the steps you need to take to resolve the issue you are currently facing.

• Hello,

I have received your PM with the logs. The analysis came with the following results, as also explained in the email I sent you.

The ticket ID I created for you is: 201011061006918.

You do not have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable installed for x64, just for x86.

Please check your email associated with your forum account for the steps you need to take to resolve the issue you are currently facing.

This is an obviously known problem because so many others have it as well. Like myself. You would think they would update it to fix the problem.

• i am facing the same problem with the pchooklaunch64.exe - Application Error

i followed the instructions and here is the link to my own created file

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sxzjcx

Hello,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• @gorrillazz - If you have not already done so, you need to send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may be awhile before he sees it posted here in the forum.

Regards,

• Unknown
    edited December 2010

Hi,

et1123: the side-by-side error that I believe you refer to is NOT a BitDefender issue but a Microsoft Windows one.

gorrillazz: the fix for pchooklaunch32/64.exe was released. You shouldn't encounter this issue anymore. Make sure you have BitDefender updated to the latest patch. Right click on BitDefender icon in the System tray and select Update Now. Wait for the process to complete then restart the PC.

Please let me know if the issue is resolved.

• Hi,

et1123: the side-by-side error that I believe you refer to is NOT a BitDefender issue but a Microsoft Windows one.

gorrillazz: the fix for pchooklaunch32/64.exe was released. You shouldn't encounter this issue anymore. Make sure you have BitDefender updated to the latest patch. Right click on BitDefender icon in the System tray and select Update Now. Wait for the process to complete then restart the PC.

Please let me know if the issue is resolved.

Nope, not fixed.

• Nope, not fixed.

Are you refering to the side-by-side error, the Pchooklaunch64 problem, or both?

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.