Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Real Time Protection

Options

I recently renewed bd Interenet Security 2011 and had issues with the installation. Now that it's installed, a warning came up saying that 1 issue affects my computer: real-time protection is disabled. I can fix it by clicking start, but that comes up in red as failed. When I check the shield tab on anti-virus, it says that real-time IS enabled. Windows says that bd reports that Antivirus and Antispyware are both disabled.

So - how does this get fixed?

Windows Vista

32 bit

Comments

• Hello,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• I have the same problem. This happend after 15 days after installation of BitDefender Total Security 2011. I will follow the steps Danial M says andi will post it to him.

With regards.

• Ok TurkmenKing, please make sure you add the topic link in your message when you send the logs.

Regards,

• I hope Danial can help me very soon because my PC is without protection :(.

• What can i do now :( please help, its very hard with security :S

• hello i cant update with thetrial version is this due to the limitation?

• Unknown
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hello,

TurkmenKing: I have sent you an email with instructions on how to resolve the issue you are facing. Your ticket ID is: 201011061005887. You have the Real Time Protection enabled for SUPERAntiSpyware and it will not allow BitDefender to work properly. Please read my posts about the danger of using multiple security solutions installed and enabled on the same PC.

primepost: It may be. When you started the trial ? Please create a new topic and explain the situation. I won't warn you for now, as it was your first post, but please read the Forum Rules.

Kind regards,

• Hi !

Thank you very much for your support even if this taked long time.

I want to rewrite the steps, so other can make benefits of this:

-Remove Bitdefender, Remove All other Security and spyware softwares.

-Install CCleaner, and and run both cleaner functions.

-Restart several time and run again the CCleaner.

-Install the right bitdefender software for your system architecture, 32-bit or 64-bit.

Thank you very much Daniel M. for the support.

Good luck!

With Regards

TurkmenKing

• Thanks for your post TurkmenKing. Please note that the steps are only available to you. The resolution is different from one user to another as not all of them are using the same security solutions nor having the same PC architecture. I do hope that the others having a similar issue will read between the lines and understand the essence of your post: do not use multiple security solutions on the same PC, you will ALWAYS have issues with the PC if you do so.

The trick with the other security solutions is that you can use another security solution along with BitDefender WITHOUT any issues HOWEVER you need to be CERTAIN that the respectful software does NOT have a real time protection module regardless if you have it disabled or enabled.

Case resolved, topic closed.

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.