Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Blocking Holdemmanager Software

Options

Hi

Ive had the exact same problem as RayanC who posted on 4 October about Bit 2011 stopping Holdemmanager from working (poker software). Was his problem fixed? I tried setting exclusions to the .exe files, tried game mode, tried turning off both the firewall and antivirus. These things worked for a little while once, but when i came back the next day and restarted my computer, Holdemmanager wasnt working again.

I need this problem fixed ASAP as i play poker full time and use the software 12 hours a day. Please respond ASAP, thanks.

Comments

• Hello,

I understand the issue you are facing, however you do not understand the simplest posting rules. I can't assist you without providing me with at least the basics information about your system or at least the BitDefender product you are using and the Operating System.

Please tell me:

- what BitDefender product are you using

- what Operating System

- computer architecture (32-bit/64-bit PC)

- where have you added the exe file to exclusions ?

- is the AVC module enabled ?

- is the IDS module enabled ?

Also please provide me with a download link for the software in question. Is the software a freeware or you need to buy it?

• Hello,

I understand the issue you are facing, however you do not understand the simplest posting rules. I can't assist you without providing me with at least the basics information about your system or at least the BitDefender product you are using and the Operating System.

Please tell me:

- what BitDefender product are you using

- what Operating System

- computer architecture (32-bit/64-bit PC)

- where have you added the exe file to exclusions ?

- is the AVC module enabled ?

- is the IDS module enabled ?

Also please provide me with a download link for the software in question. Is the software a freeware or you need to buy it?

- BitDefender 2011

- windows XP 32 bit

- file exclusions were added in the shield and antivirus sections

- i tried having active virus control both off and on and it made no difference

- i tried having IDS both off and on too and it made no difference

I purchased the full version through Hermanstreet.com and they emailed me this link to download it from: http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/in...r_antivirus.exe

• nikki605
    edited November 2010
    Options

After re-reading RayanC's topic, I would conclude that his problem was not resolved since he requested a refund rather than let tech support continue investigating his problem (DanyDan's edit note in the last post).

However, your problem seems to be different. RayanC had BitDefender Total Security installed which has a firewall. Based on the program download link you provided, you have BitDefender Antivirus Pro installed which does NOT even have a firewall.

Please verify which BD product you have installed - Antivirus Pro, Internet Security or Total Security.

Are you using the Windows Firewall? Do you have another third party firewall installed? Your problem may not be an issue with BitDefender.

Awaiting your reply,

• After re-reading RayanC's topic, I would conclude that his problem was not resolved since he requested a refund rather than let tech support continue investigating his problem (DanyDan's edit note in the last post).

However, your problem seems to be different. RayanC had BitDefender Total Security installed which has a firewall. Based on the program download link you provided, you have BitDefender Antivirus Pro installed which does NOT even have a firewall.

Please verify which BD product you have installed - Antivirus Pro, Internet Security or Total Security.

Are you using the Windows Firewall? Do you have another third party firewall installed? Your problem may not be an issue with BitDefender.

Awaiting your reply,

I am using 'BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011'. I do not and have never used Windows firewall or any other firewall. THe problem only arose when i started using BitDefender. If there is no firewall, then what is the 'shield' section of the program? I'm also now getting a message in HOldem manager that 'an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host'.

• BD simply uses the word "Shield" as an adjective to describe it's virus scanning - "virus shield"

Please provide an answer to DanyDan's last question, below:

If he can obtain a copy of the same software you are using, he can do some testing.

Thanks - awaiting your reply,

This discussion has been closed.