Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Possible Conflicts With Scheduled Scans And Other Scheduled Process ?

Options

post-31073-1289144106_thumb.jpg

Does "Performance Optimization" prevent Bitdefender from starting a Full System Scan if any other scheduled apps are running at the time Bitdefender's scheduled scans are set to start ?

IE., if I have a full system Windows backup scheduled at 10:00 PM Sunday night and a Deep System Scan set for 2:00 AM Monday morning...if for some reason the Windows full system backup does not finish by 2:00 am...will BD delay (not cancel) the start of the 2:00 am Deep System Scan ?

Tried to find info on "Performance Optimization" in the help files but nothing I tried brought any info up.

Also...I see that any BD scheduled items do not appear in the Windows "Tasks Scheduler" ? Where is the info for Bitdefender's scheduled tasks stored in Win 7 Pro 64 bit ?

And...will other apps scheduled updates occur (ie., various software update checks) if a BD scan is running ?

Thanks...Tim

Comments

• Hi Tim,

Note that you can't run two BitDefender scans. If one is already running then the scheduled task will not run - I find it logical not to. Consider that both scans will find an infected file, which one will clean it first ? ;)

As far as I know the scheduled scan tasks of BitDefender are not related to Windows Tasks. Those tasks are not related to BitDefender's one so it's normal for those tasks not to be displayed.

Performance Optimization is simply a feature that will make sure you have your PC scanned now and then (depending on how you set it) IF NO scan are scheduled. If you have one or more scans scheduled I recommend you to disable the Performance Optimization scan.

This discussion has been closed.