Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Preinstall For Customers And Let Them Register

Options

Bitdefender 2011 Problems at our Computer shop....

On previous versions of Bitdefender I could install Bitdefender using the Installation Code and skip the Registering Process.

So in other words i didn't have to sign-up for a Bitdefender Account right away.

By Doing this, it would allow me to install the Bitdefender antivirus on a customers computer before it left my shop and then they could create the account once they got home with there computer.

By us preinstalling the software it eliminated countless support calls to our computer shop. Since all the customer had to do is register the software.

Now with 2011 Bitdefender it will not allow you to skip this step and it is forcing us to send a computer home with a customer without any antivirus on it at all, which has resulted in us having to remove a virus for FREE since the customer didn't install bitdefender right away. Also it creates problems for our shop since we get tons of calls from computer illiterate customers when they are tiring to install the antivirus at home.

We sell a lot of Bitdefefender antivirus at our computer shop and stand behind the product. So here is the question...

Is there not a way to install Bitdefender 2011 without having to create an account right away? If there isn't it would be awesome if it was added back to the 2011 series of products like it was in the 2010 series.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

jason

Comments

• George R.
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hello Jason

There are 2 solutions for this situation.

1. If the store sells BitDefender licenses, please have them contact the account manager (KAM) and you should receive a special build of the install kit(s).

or

2. During the activation step, un-plug the computer from the internet, an error will be returned - No internet connection detected - this will enable you skip the activation step.

Actually, the whole install process can be done offline, the only setback being that the license key will not be recognized and BitDefender will temporarily remain in a the 30day trial mode.

Later on, with the first live update, the license key will be activated and registered properly. The final customer will only have to run "Fix all issues", among which he will be prompted to activate the software.

Still, the preferred solution for all parties, would obviously be the first :)

Regards,

George

This discussion has been closed.