Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender And Windows Defender?

Options

I've got a 'newbie' question: I've just purchased a new PC running Win7 Home Premium 64-bit and installed BDAV2011 with my current license.

All appears to be working well, but when I go to the Security Center in Win7 it tells me that Windows Defender & BD are both turned on, and that it's not good to have 2 AV programs running simultaneously (which I already knew).

I've searched the forum but haven't been able to find any answers to this question: should I disable Windows Defender, even though it appears to be not causing any performance slowdown?

I normally take the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" point-of-view... B)

I'd greatly appreciate the most valuable opinion of the BD wizards (Hi Cris!) :D.

Thank you in advance,

Salmon Dave

(The Singing Fish)

><)})*>

♪♫ "I'm a sole man..." ♫♪;

Comments

• Hello Salmon,

Please disable Windows Defender when running BitDefender Antivirus.

Thank you,

• I would add that:

- you can keep both enabled however, if an infected / suspicious file is found you may encounter some errors at scanning / cleaning;

- it's your call if you disable it or not, we strongly recommend you to have Windows Defender disabled.

Kind regards,

This discussion has been closed.