Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Unistall Tool Should Be Corrected [resolved]

Options

I find the uninstall tool is not as good of Bitdefender. If the software is uninstalled, then the browser is opened for a survey even though I'm not protected, that should be corrected at next update.

thanks,

aido

Comments

• I find the uninstall tool is not as good of Bitdefender. If the software is uninstalled, then the browser is opened for a survey even though I'm not protected, that should be corrected at next update.

thanks,

aido

Hi aido,

Welcome on the forum!

I'm afraid I do not understand what you mean...

Yesterday, I switched from BD IS 2010 to BD IS2011 with little risk...

I (almost) followed Yann's procedure on the french forum (I guess you will find the same on this one) and it ran smoothly.

I downloaded the BD uninstall soft and the BD 2011 version soft I put on the Desk.

I switched off internet.

I deinstall BD with the old classic procedure start Program BD uninstall.

I reboot the system in safe mode (F8 on my keyboard)

I launched the uninstall program that was downloaded a little while ago.

I reboot the system to get the windows normal mode.

I installed the new soft, input my activation code, the computer launched a total scan (always a bit long).

I switched on internet to get the latest update... it worked.

OK the soft did not have the latest updates first, but I don't catch what you mean...

and everytime you have to deinstall/reinstall the soft, you simply switch off internet before.

Welcome on the forum.

Good night,

:)

L.

• aido
    edited November 2010
    Options

Thanks for welcome,

Sorry, I did not mean the Unistall tool which you can download extra, but the uninstall routine of bitdefeder itself.

So if I click on Start, Programs, then uninstall Bitdefender, after restarting my computer, the browser starts too with a survey why I uninstalled bitdefender. At this point in time but I have no antivirus program. That's very risky, is not it?

greetings,

aido

• Hi,

If you refer to the survey page being open when you don't have any protection I can assure you that you take no risk while that page loads as it's a BitDefender page, not a third party one.

Regarding uninstalling BitDefender from Add/Remove Programs even tho' it's possible I recommend you not to. It's best for ANY security solution (antivirus) to be removed using the specific uninstall tool each Company provides. In our case BitDefender from:

http://www.BitDefender.com/uninstall

Kind regards and a great week!

• Thanks for the reply, I will make it next time. At the moment everything is Great.

This topic can be marked as done

• This topic can be marked as done

Topic closed. :)

This discussion has been closed.