Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Total 2011 Goes To Blue Screen During Deep Scan.

Options

Hi all,

I have BD Total Security 2011, and when it runs a deep scan it blue screens my computer. The blue screen states that 'A thread tried to release a resource it did not own'.

The error message was ***STOP 0x000000E3 (0x890C14F4, 0x89D1BAC0, 0x8983D730, 0x00000003)

Any help would be great. This only happens when its a deep scan active, and happens when the scan is in its last phase.

Do I need to remove BD TS11 and reinstall or is there a straightforward fix?

Many thanks in advance, Baz Watkins.

Comments

• Hi Baz,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Yeah,i got that blue screen too during full system scan.Last few min ago.

• Hello Barry,

Please allow me to remind you that using multiple security solutions installed on the same PC will results in having complex issues with that computer, as each of these software will try to scan/clean a file (if found infected) in the same time, resulting in crashes and errors.

Please uninstall the software below using Add/Remove Programs (Programs and Features) from Windows Control Panel:

- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

- Windows Live Family Safety

- Ad-Aware

Important: Restart the each after EACH uninstall.

I also noticed that you made an upgrade from 2010 to 2011, however the upgrade was not done correctly.

1. Save the file below WITHOUT running it yet:

http://www.BitDefender.com/uninstall

2. Right click on the saved file and select "Run as Administrator" - only for Windows Vista/7

3. Click on the "Uninstall" button then WAIT TO BE ASKED to restart the PC. Please do so when prompted

4. Save the file below WITHOUT running it yet:

http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup236.exe

5. Install CCleaner then open it

6. Perform both types of cleaning: Temporary files(first icon on the left hand - the blue paintbrush) and Windows Registry cleaning

Do NOT backup the entries before removing them !

7. Restart the PC again

8. Download the file below (depending on your PC architecture) but don't open it yet:

BitDefender Total Security 2011:

32bits:

http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/de...ty_2011_32b.exe

Right click on the saved file and select "Run as Administrator". Follow the on-screen instructions on how to install BitDefender then, after the update is performed (last step of the installation process) restart the PC.

Check again for BitDefender updates to install the latest build. Right click on the BitDefender icon next to your PC clock and select "Update Now".

Please confirm via email if the issue is now resolved.

Farid Malaysia: Please create a new topic and explain the issue you encounter.

Kind regards,

• Done as requested...fingers crossed. ;-)

• Fix did not work, still get blue screen when in deep scan.

• I am having the same experience as well - along with lots and lots of other issues.

Performance in this later version of bd is completely unacceptable - my computer is virtually unusable. The scan was taking hours and finally died with the blue screen. bit-defender used to be so "light" - I loved it - what a shame.

I want my money back - heck - I didn't even want this year's version (after last years horrible performance), but the "auto-renewal" (now that was a surprise) made the decision for me. That was something I never agreed to and don't appreciate the back-door approach bd is taking to force me to pay for something I never agreed to buy. I had removed last year's version after I had issues - what a surprise to see I was charged this year for a "renewal".

Customer service has been no help - telling me to remove my cookies. I even removed several programs that I don't even actively run because their support staff said having "traces" of these programs might be a problem. Just to be clear - I'm a computer professional - I know how to maintain my system.

Here's the bottom line. I used to love this product. Now I place it along with Norton and AVG as products that became overweight and unusable. I can no longer recommend bd. After I finish this email, I will be removing bd from my computer - and, oh yes - I also went online and eventually found the place where I could say I don't want them to renew it. The fact that finding this "option" is difficult tells you a lot as well. I am smarter this year - I made a screen copy of my removal status so they don't try to pull another fast one.

This discussion has been closed.