Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vsserv.exe Procces Recently Using Internet Outgoing Traffic

Options

Hello,

Been using Bitdefender Internet Security time to time in different versions, some months now i upgraded to Internet Security 2001. Recently like 1 or 2 weeks each time i use a full scan i noticed that vsserv.exe was using my full upload speed (52kb per sec) and some of the downloading speed too. Since then i noticed several times and it never happened to me. Even after or when i am not using Bitdefender is using most of the upload traffic.

Yesterday and today i noticed there was some miss matching on actual download speed when i download file and the speed reported by bitdefender firewall bars.

I update, scan my pc every day and always i am careful with what i download. Any technical justification for my problem?

and

If it is normal why is happening recently? How i know what is sending over the internet such process?

Comments

• Hello,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• preguntonontrack
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hello,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

I disconnected the modem off, run as admin and when i clicked support and followed the step there was no file generated, it was a report issue wizard. I thought is the same i was doing here.

Anyway i read that topic and i am not having problem with memory or slow performance. I am dealing with large outgoing internet traffic specially when i start a deep scan.

My questions is: is this normal since is happening for just a week now? If it is, why now? what is it doing?

• The SupportTool starts indeed with a issue wizard however you need to finish the steps and the file will be generated.

I can't answer your question since I haven't seen any logs.

Anyway i read that topic and i am not having problem with memory or slow performance. I am dealing with large outgoing internet traffic specially when i start a deep scan.

It doesn't matter what type of issue you encounter with BitDefender, the SupportTool logs is the very first step in starting troubleshooting the issue.

Please generate the logs then send me a PM (private message) with the download link.

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

This discussion has been closed.