Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Odd Computer Behavior After Recent Updates

Options

I have been using bitdefender on various machines since probably version 9. We do the updates, upgrade to the latest releases etc. I bring this up because it may be relevant to the problems we're seeing. All of the machines have had version 9 through 2011 installed on them (non at the same time of course ;) ). All machines are using xp pro with all updates.

We put 2011 on all machines a few weeks ago. Recently three different machines have acted very similar. Unfortunately I don't have all of the details of the order of the updates, but here are the symptoms:

Computer requests windows update. Installs, and takes a long to shut down. Computer reboots and goes to a light blue windows screen saying "please wait". Sometimes only takes a minute and other times 30 min. In most cases the machines have been fine after this. However in two cases once the computer reboots it works for about 30 sec and then windows explorer basically "hangs". Rebooting the machines gives the same result. It seems like right before the hang there is a notice about "no firewall installed". The only thing that seems to resolve this is booting into safe mode and disabling all bitdefender services and startup programs. I can then boot the computer into regular mode where it works fine with no hanging. I then uninstall bit defender using the uninstall tool, and then reinstall it. So far this has sort of worked to resolve the problem, sometimes it takes several attempts.

Another weird thing is that on a couple of computers on reboot I get either a "non system disk" error or the blue "scan disk" has come up. Nothing appears to actually be wrong with the hard drives, though that's initially what it would seem. Have you seen anything similar? I saw something in the forum about a c++ redistributable causing problems??

Thanks, VC

Comments

• Hello VC,

I would like to investigate deeper into the issue you encounter. Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

This discussion has been closed.