Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Antivirus Pro 2011 Slow Slow Slow

Options

Hello

I just purchased and downloaded BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 today and have been trying the different scans.

However on Deep System Scan and Full System Scan it operates extremely slowly with an average of 15-20 files per second, setting the full scan time at 10-12 hours!

On top of that it hogs the CPU and slows my system down to a near halt.

I can't imagine this is how BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011 is supposed to work, considering the high ratings it has gotten from various tests I have read.

Any help would be appreciated.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=7193" data-fileid="7193" rel="">System_Specs.txt

Comments

• After reading your previous posts from last year, it sounds like you are having a similar problem with the 2011 version of BD. Is this the same PC as it was last year?

I do not experience the slowdown on my WinXP Pro SP3 system (see my sig). If you want to have BD tech support investigate, reproduce the problem and follow this procedure to submit the generated log files:

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one. This prevents the supporttools files from being automatically uploaded.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may take several days for them to analyze the files and respond depending on their workload, so please be patient.

Regards,

• DepravedParrot
    edited November 2010
    Options
    6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

I followed your instructions, but no file was created on my desktop after the support tool finished gathering information. What is the name of the file it's supposed to make? Is it a txt file? It created a folder named BitDefender Support Tool on my C drive.

• Having tried doing it again - pulling the internet plug, running support tool as admin, gathering information - I now get a critical error each time and the support tool shuts down and opens a bug report submission window.

• Since the SupportTool is getting a critical error, something else is more seriously wrong. We'll have to back up a level.

Follow the procedure below to download and run the BD standalone dump program.

1. Download this file: http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR' and will be located in the same folder where you ran sysdump.exe from.

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your problem symptoms. Also provide any other relevant configuration information.

Depending on their workload, it may take several days for them to respond.

Regards,

• Hello,

The issues you encounter were due to multiple security solutions installed and running on your PC as follows:

- Registry Mechanic 9

- Registry Repair Master

- Spyware Doctor

Remove all of the above software using Add/Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel then restart the PC.

Perform a BitDefender repair and the issue should be resolved.

- Click on the START menu button

- Go to All Programs -> BitDefender 2011 -> Repair or Remove

- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart the computer each time you are requested to.

- Test to see if the issue still replicates.

Please let me know if the issue still persist.

Kind regards,

This discussion has been closed.