Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Home Page Always Set To About:blank

Options

Hello:

I don't know if this is a virus or not but my homepage keeps being reset to about:blank. I think there is an option to set the page to this in "Internet Options" (General tab) but it keeps resetting each team I try to change the homepage. I am using Vista.

Thank-You

Comments

• I have the same problem. Started after installing BitDefender Antivirus Pro 2011. I also have a feeling it's blocking websites from loading. Like flash games.

• Me2, recently I found that my home page is always blank after setting it to Google.I don't know why....can anyone help me ?

• It may be related to the problem described in THIS TOPIC.

Just as a test, try turning off HTTP Scanning. If that doesn't help, set your homepage to a different one that you know loads correctly.

Regards,

• It may be related to the problem described in THIS TOPIC.

Just as a test, try turning off HTTP Scanning. If that doesn't help, set your homepage to a different one that you know loads correctly.

Regards,

I think the reason is not the HTTP Scanning, because several days ago the home page was alright with HTTP Scanning TURNED ON....AND the settings of BD AV Pro2011 is not changed these days...very wierd

• A few weeks ago I accidentally blocked several access to some web pages because I did not know what to authorize or to forbid through the noscript add-in (Firefox).

I fix the problem with the action in Bitdefender:

firewall, programs, reinitialize.

I started the computer and could have access again to the web pages. Of course, I had to authorize or not most of the actions...

Try it. We never know.

L.

• A few weeks ago I accidentally blocked several access to some web pages because I did not know what to authorize or to forbid through the noscript add-in (Firefox).

I fix the problem with the action in Bitdefender:

firewall, programs, reinitialize.

I started the computer and could have access again to the web pages. Of course, I had to authorize or not most of the actions...

Try it. We never know.

L.

But mine is AV Pro....So what should I do??

• Hello,

First of all, you should mention the browser that you have issues with along with its version. Then mention your Operating System and the BitDefender product you are currently using.

Try to set the Home Page to anything but About:blank and see if it will reset. Try disable the Antiphishing module from the Antivirus tab in Expert View and see if the issue still occur.

• Hello,

First of all, you should mention the browser that you have issues with along with its version. Then mention your Operating System and the BitDefender product you are currently using.

Try to set the Home Page to anything but About:blank and see if it will reset. Try disable the Antiphishing module from the Antivirus tab in Expert View and see if the issue still occur.

My browser is IE8, and system is win7 Ultimate 32bit ,a few days ago, this thing existed but now it's all ok^^I dont know why and I didn't change any settings

• A BD program update was pushed out yesterday. Do you remember seeing a BD popup stating that it was necessary to restart the PC for the update to be complete? I received that message on both my PCs.

I don't know what specific changes were in this BD program update, but maybe it addressed this issue.

Regards,

• A BD program update was pushed out yesterday. Do you remember seeing a BD popup stating that it was necessary to restart the PC for the update to be complete? I received that message on both my PCs.

I don't know what specific changes were in this BD program update, but maybe it addressed this issue.

Regards,

Maybe English version is always ahead of simplified Chinese version~Because I didn't see any popups to let me restart for completing the update...

PS:I got the message that BD will release a newer version in simplified Chinese, is that true??

• A BD tech support member would have to respond to your question about a simplified Chinese version update.

Regards,

• Hello Fake5,

Indeed the updates for each BitDefender product are released depending on the language of the software: English, German, Spanish etc.

Regarding the simplified Chinese version, indeed a new version will be released, however can't tell you an exact date of the release.

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Kind regards,

• Hello Fake5,

Indeed the updates for each BitDefender product are released depending on the language of the software: English, German, Spanish etc.

Regarding the simplified Chinese version, indeed a new version will be released, however can't tell you an exact date of the release.

If you have any further queries feel free to contact us anytime!

Kind regards,

Thank you very much!

PSs:I've got several s######estions for BD simplified Chinese version, but how to say it?Open another thread or PM who?

• As this case is now resolved consider the topic closed.

@Fake5: A new topic for every different query you may have please. If you have a Malware related issue please post in the respectful forum:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=196

Best regards,

This discussion has been closed.