Pchooklaunch64.exe Crashing

Started happening yesterday.

Twice so far. Anyone else having the same problem? W7 enterprise 64 bit

Comments

• Hello,

Please provide me with the following info:

- a screenshot of the error you receive when Pchooklaunch64 crashes;

- follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hello,

Please provide me with the following info:

- a screenshot of the error you receive when Pchooklaunch64 crashes;

- follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

Doh, just happened again. But didn't take screenshot.

I will give you the details next time it occurs.

• screenshot.

Seems to crash once per day?

post-33197-1291334486_thumb.jpg

• screenshot.

Seems to crash once per day?

update: seem to happen once per day at almost the exact time (between 12 - 1am?)

• update: seem to happen once per day at almost the exact time (between 12 - 1am?)

update 2:

Maybe just a coincidence, but it happened exactly at 00:00

• Do you have the BitDefender to update at that time ? Anything in particular running at the time on your PC ?

• mmdmmd
    edited December 2010

Update 3:

(I normally use my computer between 23:00 GMT to 3am GMT)

It doesn't happen at 00:00 every time. It happened around 00:43 last night. Then happened again 1-2 hours later. I don't remember it ever crash twice in a day. But I did restarted the computer after the first occurrence so I guess it's still once per boot.

Seems to happen a short while(20min - 1 hour) after window boot_s? (need more observation)

Also I have the same Windows 7+BD install on a different machine that's on 24/7. Didn't notice any crashing there. But then again, I haven't rebooted that machine for a long long time.

Question:

Does Pchooklaunch64 reload itself after a crash?

• Hi,

No, Pchooklaunch64 does not autorestart. You can also rename the file Pchooklaunch64.exe into Pchooklaunch64.old in Windows Safe Mode so that notification won't occur anymore. We will release a fix soon that will resolve this issue. As promised, I will notify you as soon as it will be release.

Default location for the Pchooklaunch64.exe is:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

Again accept my apologies for this inconvenience.

• roberto78
    edited December 2010
    Hi,

No, Pchooklaunch64 does not autorestart. You can also rename the file Pchooklaunch64.exe into Pchooklaunch64.old in Windows Safe Mode so that notification won't occur anymore. We will release a fix soon that will resolve this issue. As promised, I will notify you as soon as it will be release.

Default location for the Pchooklaunch64.exe is:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

Again accept my apologies for this inconvenience.

Hello,

I have the same error.

I have Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium and Bitdefender Internet Security 2011.

See there:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=100403

When will you release a fix that will resolve this issue?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...ost&p=99656

The resolution hasn't been released yet. It should be delivered via Automatic Updates module the week to come.
    Today is 12 December 2010. It's been over a week. What are you waiting for?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Roberto78.

• mmdmmd
    edited January 2011

Nvm, saw the sticky

• Nvm, saw the sticky

Can you please tell me how to update to the latest build? Will I be able to keep all the configs?

• Can you please tell me how to update to the latest build? Will I be able to keep all the configs?

Right-click on the BD icon in the Windows System Tray and select "Update Now."

Regards,

• Right-click on the BD icon in the Windows System Tray and select "Update Now."

Regards,

still crashing the same way

This discussion has been closed.