Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

File Sharing Suddently Stopped Working

Options

Hi,

I am having trouble sharing files between windows 7 and XP. They were working fine 2-3 days ago. If I turn off BD firewall, it works. Can someone please tell me which firewall setting is responsible to File Sharing?

Symptom:

Accessing the shared folder from an XP machine and I get "access denied". Turning off Firewall works.

Comments

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2010
    Options

Hi

What are your Firewall Module Settings in Network Tab for Network Adapter? Also take snapshot of error message while accessing the shared PC and attach it.

Try the following

1) If Stealth Mode is ON, set it to "Remote or OFF".

2) Type \\computer name in RUN with Stealth Mode ON.

I am also facing this issue and waiting for fix. For time being I use above tips to access the network PCs.

• Hi

What are your Firewall Module Settings in Network Tab for Network Adapter? Also take snapshot of error message while accessing the shared PC and attach it.

Try the following

1) If Stealth Mode is ON, set it to "Remote or OFF".

2) Type \\computer name in RUN with Stealth Mode ON.

I am also facing this issue and waiting for fix. For time being I use above tips to access the network PCs.

I would also add to have the Network Type set to: Home/Office or Trusted All. Check to see if the issue still occur.

This discussion has been closed.