Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Side-by-side Error In Internet Security 2011

Options
redmist
edited November 2010 in Old topics

I have installed internet security 2011, but when I try to open the program I get the following error message.

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\bdagent.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail

This is using Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium. I have tried reinstalling, and have followed advice from other posts but with no luck so far. I guess its a windows issue rather than a bitdefender issue. Hope someone can help, thanks

Comments

• Indeed it's a Microsoft Windows issue, not BitDefender related.

In order to further investigate, maybe I can provide you with a resolution even if the issue is not BitDefender related, please follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Hi,

The logs you provided me were not complete. If you have any issues in running the Support Tool please follow the steps below and send me the generated log file called "sysdump.tar":

Please follow the steps below and send me the generated log file:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

Looking forward to your answer!

This discussion has been closed.