Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Disabling Outgoing Email Scan

Options

Hello

I want to disable the outgoing email scan, but can't see where to do this. It is slowing my emailing process considerably.

My system:

BD Total Security 2011

Windows Vista Business 32 bit

Email: Thunderbird

Also need to know for:

Windows XP

I see a complicated work-around for the 2010 product, but surely this has been addressed in a more user-friendly fashion for the 2011 product (I was able to easily do this in the 2009 product).

Thanks for any guidance.

Comments

• I'm not sure if it's in the same place in Total Security, but in Antivirus Pro, from Expert Mode, try Antivirus-->Shield-->Custom Level. There are several options listed including incoming & outgoing email scanning.

Hope this helps,

• Hello,

Please check the attached screenshot for the location of the option to scan outgoing/incoming emails.

If you have any further queries please create a new topic and explain the issue/query. You will have my answer in the shortest time possible.

Regards,

post-20064-1291300406_thumb.jpg

• Thanks Nikki605 and DanyDan.

However, I've made the changes and outgoing emails are still being scanned. I've done both a restart and a cold reboot, neither of which has worked. My settings remain unselected for outgoing scan, but BD TS 2011 is still scanning. (This is on my Vista Business 32 bit laptop. I haven't checked on the XP yet.)

Any next moves that you can s######est?

Thanks so much.

Hello,

Please check the attached screenshot for the location of the option to scan outgoing/incoming emails.

If you have any further queries please create a new topic and explain the issue/query. You will have my answer in the shortest time possible.

Regards,

• Hello,

Please make the following settings and let me know if the issue still persist:

1. open BitDefender in Expert View and go to Antivirus;

2. click on Custom Level button and uncheck:

- scan outgoing emails;

3. go to the Antispam module then to the Settings tab;

4. Uncheck the following options:

- Train the Learning Engine (Bayesian) on outgoing e-mails

5. go to General tab then to Settings;

6. uncheck the following options:

- Show pop-ups when the View is set to Expert

- Show pop-ups when the View is set to Basic or Intermediate;

7. Test to see if the issue still occur;

Kind regards,