Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Problem With Mapviewoffile() Vs. Bd 2011

Options

We have some of our customers complaining that one of our products ceases working after they installed BitDefender 2011.

After some testing, we're seeing a failure in a call to the Windows API MapViewOfFile() with ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE. The handle in question points to a pagefile-backed shared memory block.

The code in question works fine without BitDefender installed, but fails consistently with it running. We've tried disabling IDS, AVC, and Realtime Protection and manually adding our applications to the exception list to no avail. The only thing we've found so far that allows our code to run successfully is uninstalling BitDefender completely.

Comments

• In anticipation of BD tech support's response to you, would it be possible for you to provide a copy of your application (if requested) to their labs for testing? They may need to do that in order to reproduce the issue you describe and work towards a resolution.

Regards,

• In anticipation of BD tech support's response to you, would it be possible for you to provide a copy of your application (if requested) to their labs for testing? They may need to do that in order to reproduce the issue you describe and work towards a resolution.

Regards,

Possibly (no problem providing the binaries, but they require a user account to use). I'm also working on creating a small test version that replicates the problem with minimal code.

To expand on the above, the scenario that's triggering the problem involves two applications as follows:

Application 1 creates a pagefile-backed shared memory block and passes the handle to it to Application 2 running as a separate process via a Windows message.

Application 2 receives the Windows message and performs a MapViewOfFile() call on the passed handle, which results in an invalid handle response if BD is installed.

• Unknown
    edited December 2010
    Options

Hello,

Since you can't provide me with a stand-alone software to test it with BitDefender, if it's OK with you, we can schedule a remote session and further investigate. I would like to see the results if some of the BD drivers/services will be disabled. You can do the tests yourself if you like and let me know the results.

You will need to open Windows in Safe Mode then rename the following sys files from C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

- bdfsfltr.sys

- bdfm.sys

Restart the PC in normal mode and see if the still occur. When you have the test version ready please send me a download link.

Kind regards,

• Hello,

Since you can't provide me with a stand-alone software to test it with BitDefender, if it's OK with you, we can schedule a remote session and further investigate. I would like to see the results if some of the BD drivers/services will be disabled. You can do the tests yourself if you like and let me know the results.

You will need to open Windows in Safe Mode then rename the following sys files from C:\Windows\System32\Drivers

- bdfsfltr.sys

- bdfm.sys

Restart the PC in normal mode and see if the still occur. When you have the test version ready please send me a download link.

Kind regards,

I forwarded a link to a download package for a standalone set of programs that replicate this issue reliably. Have you had a chance to review them yet?

Thanks.

• I forwarded a link to a download package for a standalone set of programs that replicate this issue reliably. Have you had a chance to review them yet?

Thanks.

Is there any update on this?

• Unknown
    edited December 2010
    Options

Hi,

Just came back today in the Office so I created you the ticket along with all the info to the Dev team just a few minutes ago. Your ticket ID is: 201012111019984. I will let you know as soon as possible, with the answer I'll get from the testing team.

Please also generate the SupportTool logs if you still have BitDefender installed and attach it to your answer OR, if you have uninstalled BitDefender generate the Sysdump logs.

Thank you for your understanding and time to help us resolve this compatibility issue.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.