Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vsserv.exe Taking High Cpu Usage

Options

Hello,

I am using BD TS-2011 , from last one week . my cpu cannot connect to internet quickly when vsserv.exe is high at >90% .It is also making my other applications very slow .

vsserv.exe goes high frequently but not all the time.

configuration:

win xp prof sp3

AMD atlon 64 processor 3000+

1.81 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM

250 GB HDD (30 GB for OS)

Please help me quickly

Comments

• Please follow the procedure below to send the generated log files to DanyDan of BD tech support for further investigation:

First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one
    . This prevents the supporttools files from being automatically uploaded.

2. Click on
    Start
    and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the
    supporttool.exe file
    - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the
    supporttool application
    file and select
    Run as Administrator

5. Click on
    Next
    , wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on
    Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to
    of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may take several days for them to analyze the files and respond depending on their workload, so please be patient.

Regards,

• Any update? I witnessed similar issue:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...23002&st=20

• @Daneel - When I read the topic you linked to, it seems DanyDan analyzed your log files and posted the steps for you to take. Your reply to him seemed to be more of a debate with his recommendations than posting your results.

Did you follow his recommendations? If so, what were the results?

Regards,

• @nikki605: If you have read the first page, I reinstalled BDIS2011 and updated it to exhaustion. That seems to do the trick. So I did not reinstall again, though I got rid of the softwares DanyDan mentioned. I emailed him, but did not hear back.

In my last two posts in the second page, I described the results.

Briefly again: Is the grayout issue gone? Yes. Is the slowdown gone? Not really. Maybe less frequently, but the computer comes to a halt, an example and reason I mentioned.

If no debate, intended to provide constructive feedback from a BD user, is allowed in this forum, I am sorry.

• Unknown
    edited December 2010
    Options

Hi Daneel,

No reason to apologize nor to say sorry. Your feedback is appreciated and taken into consideration. I must thank you for your time. Further to the issue you reported, please provide me with more accurate info about the PC slowdown:

- does it occur in a certain moment (when opening an application, when surfing, watching videos etc) or is it random ?

- open Task Manager (press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to open it) when you notice the slowdown and go to the Processes tab; there note down the following info: the highest three processes using the CPU (under CPU) ; also check the info for VSSERV.EXE (CPU, Commit Size and Threads).

The Threads can be displayed under Task Manager by going to the View menu -> Select columns... -> check the box next to Threads -> click on OK.

Last but not least try to reproduce the slowdown and generate the full dumps logs using SupportTool file, as explained in my reply to the ticket you have open with us, ID: 201012151019093 or send me your answer regarding the session we can schedule. I know my email is longer than usual however please give it few minutes and read it carefully. I do believe that I have answer all your queries.

IMPORTANT:

- considering the fact that I have found traces from the installation of a BitDefender 2009 product and having installed the 2011 version, I would consider it the easiest and fastest way to resolve the issue you encounter by reinstalling BitDefender 2011. I have sent you two emails: first one with instructions on how to uninstall , check and clean your PC, then reinstalling BitDefender and the second email with the instructions on how to generate the logs I need to further investigate.

- if you reinstall and still notice the slowdown then proceed with the logs generating and let me know via email

- please enclose in your email reply a phone number where I can contact you and a convenient time and date when you can be reached. Looking forward to your e-mail!

Kind regards,

• @DanyDan: Response sent through email.

Thank you for your time and patience, and understanding my effort towards betterment of BitDefender.

This discussion has been closed.