Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Any Issue Using Online Scanners With Bdis 2011 Isntalled

Options

Seems to be a common possition that anything leftover from any spyware/antiviurs vendor other than Bitdefender will cause issues with a new Bitdefender installation.

My question is if I have Bitdefender 2011 isntalled...would there be issues if I ran a different manufactures online av scan ?

Would the online scan leave stuff on my PC that would cause issues with BDIS 2011 ?

Not talking about installing a second av product here...but I'm assuming the various on-line scanners must install something on the PC...or do they do their thing entirely from on-line without adding anything to the PC ?

Thanks...TR

Comments

• You would need to put that question to the "different manufacturers." They would be able to tell you what their product does, how it works and what (if anything) it leaves behind on your PC.

The other way would be to just try it yourself and see what happens.

Regards,

• Hi Tim,

Most of the times when there are leftovers from other security solutions, those files are drivers not being uninstalled or system files. When BitDefender performs the installation it searches for a list of software and any leftovers that may still be stored on your PC. If any of the files are found a notification will pop-up.

Regarding on-line scanners note that indeed a plug-in / browser add-on is installed in most of the cases however, this add-on will not interfere with BitDefender.

To stay on the safe side, you can make a test on your own: install an online scanner from another security solution and see the results.

Kind regards,

This discussion has been closed.