Problems Installing

just tried to install bitdefender 2011 on my xp machine,but I get cannot create gui\setup.ui no problems on another computer so maybe a corrupt file causing the problem

Comments

• You need to provide a little more information.

Does your WinXP PC have SP3 installed?

Which BD product are you trying to install - AntiVirus Pro, Internet Security or Total Security?

Are you using the full-file download?

Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

Awaiting your reply,

• You need to provide a little more information.

Does your WinXP PC have SP3 installed?

Which BD product are you trying to install - AntiVirus Pro, Internet Security or Total Security?

Are you using the full-file download?

Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

Awaiting your reply,

Except the above requested info, I would also like to know if any other security solutions are installed on the PC where you are trying to install BitDefender on ?

Please follow the steps below and send me the generated log file:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

Looking forward to your answer!

• I too have the same problem, when i downloaded the file. I got the error message " cannot create mapping file for compression"

• Hello Yinka,

Please read my last post and provide the requested information so we can understand the issue you encounter. Also make sure you post a screenshot of the error message you receive.

Click HERE to read the post.

[How to create a screen shot]

On Windows, press the Print Screen or Prnt Scrn key on your keyboard, found at the upper right of the keyboard. This key will capture the entire screen. Open up your paint program -click on "Start-> All Programs-> Accessories-> Paint".

In the paint program, select File/New, then Edit/Paste. Then save the file and attach it to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

P.S. With all due respect but why you posted in an old topic instead of opening a new one ?