Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

In-active Lan Detected By Firewall

Options
coolcool1227
coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in Old topics

Whenever my LAN pop-up appears "a network cable is unplugged" either after hibernation, Laptop restart or disable/enable LAN connection, Bitdefender Firewall detects LAN adapter although the network cable is unplugged. When I double click the LAN Zone it dispalys the IP address assigned to LAN adapter. Kindly see the attachments.

I have already created the file generated by supporttool with "Try to reproduce the problem before submitting" enabled.

Network Adapter detail are

Model: Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Driver Version: 7.29.4.3

post-31288-1292394316_thumb.jpg

post-31288-1292394335_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hi,

While you are reproducing the issue please open a Command Prompt and type: ipconfig /all

- provide me with a screenshot of the results displayed;

Please provide me with the following info:

- this happen when you restart the laptop ?

- when you restart the PC you have the adapter enabled or disabled ?

- I understand that the adapter is detected ONLY when the pop-up about cable unplugged is displayed on the screen ?

Try to set that network device ( WITH the cable plugged in ) to Generic: No then restart the PC. Test to see if the issue still occur.

Looking forward to your answer!

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2010
    Options

Hi Daniel

@this happen when you restart the laptop ?

This happen only either starting after hibernation or disable/enable LAN connection.

@when you restart the PC you have the adapter enabled or disabled ?

Its enabled, although un-plugged.

@I understand that the adapter is detected ONLY when the pop-up about cable unplugged is displayed on the screen ?

Yes, but with the settings you suggested, the situation is

With Generic---No, the pop-up didn't not appear (see attachment for ipconfig 3 and 4)

With Generic---Yes, the pop-up appear (see attachment for ipconfig 1 and 2)

And in both cases Bitdefender Firewall detects In-active LAN.

post-31288-1292845471_thumb.jpg

post-31288-1292845481_thumb.jpg

post-31288-1292845492_thumb.jpg

post-31288-1292845502_thumb.jpg

• Hi,

Please send me profiles.XML file located in the following location:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011\settings\Firewall

Also generate the support tool log by reproducing the issue and send me a PM with the log file.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi Daniel

I sent you the PM.

Also I want to know "By using Bitdefender ,is there any way that particular network adapter traffic can't be scanned/detected by Bitdefender if I'm using multiple network adpaters.?

• Hi,

Haven't received your PM with the XML file. Regarding the ticket 201012041034491, note that we will not work on it as that ticket was tagged as feature request. Send me the PM again please. Regarding your last question, not sure I understand it. You wish to add a certain network adapter so it will not be scanned ? The detection will be done automatically when that adapter has been connected / enabled.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hi

@You wish to add a certain network adapter so it will not be scanned ?

Yes

@The detection will be done automatically when that adapter has been connected / enabled.

Couldn't understand how?

• Hi

@You wish to add a certain network adapter so it will not be scanned ?

Yes - You can't do that. You can only set it to Full Trust so the traffic for that specific adapter will not be filtered.

@The detection will be done automatically when that adapter has been connected / enabled.

Couldn't understand how? - Can't provide you with that information as it is not public information.

This discussion has been closed.