Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Vsserv.exe Consuming System Resources

Options

Hello,

I just installed your program on my system at home. Since the install my system has slowed to a crawl. Surfing the web is painfully slow. Looking at the processes in the task manager I see vsserve.exe is consuming more resources than any other program constantly. It never releases what it consumes either. I googled for vsserve.exe and this forum was the number 1 google result. I have read the previous topics on this file and understand each case is individual. I can tell you this much.

1. I have adaware installed
  2. I have service pack 3 and all the latest windows security updates
  3. I am not aware of any other security software running but I think we used to have norton installed.

Please help, it has been a week and I need this for my job. I am not sure how to open a ticket with you guys.

Comments

• Ad-Aware does have a real-time protection component that could conflict with BD. Here is what I would recommend to eliminate any possibility of a conflict. Running multiple security programs is the number one reason for problems like slowdowns.

1. Use the BD Uninstall Tool to completely remove BD. Re-boot the PC when instructed.

2. Uninstall Ad-Aware normally. Re-boot the PC.

3. Use the Norton Clean Removal Tool just to make sure there are no remnants of Norton left behind. Re-boot the PC. Direct links to many of the more popular security program Removal Tools, including Norton, can be found in this topic.

4. Install BD as you did before following the on-screen instructions. After installing BD, verify that BD has been updated to the latest build - 14.0.24.337. Manually update BD if necessary.

Check to see if the slowdown issue is resolved and report back.

Regards,

• Hello,

I just installed your program on my system at home. Since the install my system has slowed to a crawl. Surfing the web is painfully slow. Looking at the processes in the task manager I see vsserve.exe is consuming more resources than any other program constantly. It never releases what it consumes either. I googled for vsserve.exe and this forum was the number 1 google result. I have read the previous topics on this file and understand each case is individual. I can tell you this much.

1. I have adaware installed
    2. I have service pack 3 and all the latest windows security updates
    3. I am not aware of any other security software running but I think we used to have norton installed.

Please help, it has been a week and I need this for my job. I am not sure how to open a ticket with you guys.

• William 11

Hello,

I'm curious.

Did the advice Nikki605 offered increase your system performance?

Have recently installed BD and have run into problems of my own, not the least of which is high memory usage. VSSERV is the culprit. I may go back to AVG as the high reviews BD received at this point, come at a cost I'm unwilling to pay-high system drain. I left McAfee for AVG last year and never looked back. I read some positive reviews on BD as it seemed to flank AVG in most areas and the rebate price for a 2yr/3 pc license made it too good to pass up--$0--maybe too good to be true. I'll try the performance tune up feature, but recently downloaded and ran the trial pc tune offered by AVG and hd noticeable improvement in overall performance--boot time for one. Ironically (or perhaps not), when I go to the performance screen on the BD suite it lists the processes running and gives a "grade" low-high on memory usage (so I can "see" where my performance is going), but, what is visibly absent is that doggone vsserv.exe. the bully of the neighborhood. Excluding their suites usage from the screen is, in my opinion, deceptive, like saying to me that I shouldn't even think about the possibility of 'THEIR' software having a negative impact on system resources. The perception that alone creates, does not bode will for the integrity of the company. My opinion. Not happy with their "support" it's "I'll escalate this ticket and we'll get back to you." I don't need that kind of support, I like direct involvement from someone I can understand who's willing to give me straight answers. Makes it all better. AVG was a good performer for me, and never created a noticeable draw on resources. Good luck.

system is Athalon x2 250 3.0ghz 3.25gb w/XP

• Anyone (including me) ;) who had another security program installed should use the company's official uninstall tool before installing a different product. A list of the major uninstall tools, along with direct download links, can be found in this topic.

The goal is not to have 2 or more security programs with real time protection installed at the same time. It will cause slowdowns, crashes, BSODs, etc.

I always recommend to users having this type of problem to use the appropriate uninstall tool and uninstall all such programs, one at a time, rebooting in between uninstalls.

I also recommend running CCleaner, both the file and Registry cleaner, using the default options and reboot the PC one last time.

Then, reinstall BD.

If the problem persists after this, then log files can be generated and sent to BD tech support for further investigation.

Hope this helps,

This discussion has been closed.