Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Installing Bd 2011

Options

Hello - I am trying to install BD 2011. We had 2009 and it will expire in three days, so I need to get the new one on here. I have tried, but I must be missing semething. I am also sorry, but with the season I do not have time to look for other posts to see if this has been talked about before...sorry. I thought that I had the lasted version installed because my coverage increase. Currently, it shows that it expires in 392 days, but when I turned on my computer it told me three days. If 2011 was installed I should be good for two years. When I click on install it looks like it is loading, but it never asks me to accept the licence. Then it looks like it stops loading. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you very much for your help - playtowin21 :mellow:

Comments

• It would help if you would provide the most basic information about your PC:

-what operating system - WinXP, Vista, Win7?

-what architecture - 32-bit or 64-bit?

-what type & speed CPU (processor)?

-how much RAM (memory)?

-which BD product are you trying to uninstall & install - Antivirus, Internet Security, Total Security, etc.?

-do you have any other security programs installed?

In general, without any other specifics, try this:

1. Download and run the BD Uninstall Tool to remove all traces of previous BD versions from your PC.

2. Reboot the PC after the uninstall completes.

3. Uninstall any other security programs (if installed) from the links in this topic.

4. Reboot the PC after each uninstall.

5. Download and run the BD full installation file for the specific BD product you are wanting to install, from the link(s) in this topic.

Regards,

• It would help if you would provide the most basic information about your PC:

-what operating system - WinXP, Vista, Win7?

-what architecture - 32-bit or 64-bit?

-what type & speed CPU (processor)?

-how much RAM (memory)?

-which BD product are you trying to uninstall & install - Antivirus, Internet Security, Total Security, etc.?

-do you have any other security programs installed?

In general, without any other specifics, try this:

1. Download and run the BD Uninstall Tool to remove all traces of previous BD versions from your PC.

2. Reboot the PC after the uninstall completes.

3. Uninstall any other security programs (if installed) from the links in this topic.

4. Reboot the PC after each uninstall.

5. Download and run the BD full installation file for the specific BD product you are wanting to install, from the link(s) in this topic.

Regards,

I think that it has Vista and it is 64 bit...I think. I do not know how to find all that information. It is a HP Pavilion laptop that we bought two years ago - it has 2009 Bit Defender on it that I had installed when we purchased the laptop. Why do I have to uninstall my current version of Bit Defender? The instructions make it sound so easy, but mine does not seem to be working. The other thing that I do not get is why it tells me that it is still good for 390 days. I get emails telling me that it is going to expire, but when I look it is showing 390 day. I am not using any other security program, so I will just uninstall BD and try again.

Thanks,

playtowin21

• I think that it has Vista and it is 64 bit...I think. I do not know how to find all that information. It is a HP Pavilion laptop that we bought two years ago - it has 2009 Bit Defender on it that I had installed when we purchased the laptop. Why do I have to uninstall my current version of Bit Defender? The instructions make it sound so easy, but mine does not seem to be working. The other thing that I do not get is why it tells me that it is still good for 390 days. I get emails telling me that it is going to expire, but when I look it is showing 390 day. I am not using any other security program, so I will just uninstall BD and try again.

Thanks,

playtowin21

Ok, I uninstalled my 2009 Bit Defender and I get asked to accept the license. It loads for a bit and now I get the following message:

The antivirus engines scan failed. Please reboot your PC and try again. If the problem persists please contact the Bit Defender Customer Care Department.

What do I do now.

Thanks,

Pam

• Ok, I uninstalled my 2009 Bit Defender and I get asked to accept the license. It loads for a bit and now I get the following message:

The antivirus engines scan failed. Please reboot your PC and try again. If the problem persists please contact the Bit Defender Customer Care Department.

What do I do now.

Thanks,

Pam

Ok, I now have it installed. It is showing that I have issues, so I am trying to fix them. The issue is that the updates. It fails. I try putting it on automatic update and hit apply and then OK, but it does not save it. How do I save it on automatic update, so that I can get it to update without failing?

Thanks,

Pam

• Hi Pam,

Please tell me what exactly happens if you follow the steps below:

- open BitDefender Security Center by double clicking on the red BitDefender icon on your Desktop;

- click on the Options button and switch it to Expert View;

- go to the Update tab;

- click on Update Now button and wait to see the message displayed;

- post the results as a reply to this topic.

• Hi Pam,

Please tell me what exactly happens if you follow the steps below:

- open BitDefender Security Center by double clicking on the red BitDefender icon on your Desktop;

- click on the Options button and switch it to Expert View;

- go to the Update tab;

- click on Update Now button and wait to see the message displayed;

- post the results as a reply to this topic.

Morning,

When I do what you show there are no options on the update screen. Update now will not let me select it. What do I have to do now.

Thanks,

Pam

• Hello again,

I have tried looking on the forum for the same issue that I am having and have found it, but they talked about uninstalling and reinstalling. If I do not change anything I do not understand how that is going to fix anything and I do not want to do that to many times and I do not want to lose the possiblilty to use this on other computers. Does anyone have any other suggestions because I need to get my computer fixed because right now I am not using my computer because I do not want to chance getting any virus'. I am not opening up any Christmas cards that were sent to us or opening any emails with attachments. I also want to google, but I am not taking that chance either. I do not want to pay someone to fix my computer, but I do not know what else to try.

Thanks,

playtowin21 :rolleyes:

• Hi Pam,

Please make a screenshot of the Update tab having BitDefender in Expert Mode then attach it to this topic.

1. Open BitDefender and switch it to Expert View from the Options button;

2. Go to the Update tab;

3. Press the Print screen button on your keyboard.

[How to create a screen shot]

On Windows, press the Print Screen or Prnt Scrn key on your keyboard, found at the upper right of the keyboard. This key will capture the entire screen. Open up your paint program -click on "Start-> All Programs-> Accessories-> Paint".

In the paint program, select File/New, then Edit/Paste. Then save the file and attach it to this topic.

Please follow the steps below and send me the generated log file:

1. Download this file:

http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR'

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Include a DETAILED description of the issue you encounter: reproduce the steps you take until the issue occur and, if possible, enclose a screenshot of any error message you receive.

7. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link and one for the topic you started.

Looking forward to your answer!

This discussion has been closed.