Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Queries About Ids

Options

I have some queries about Bitdefender Intrusion Detection System

1) It protects Bitdefender files from being altered by unauthorized 3rd party applications whatever the IDS

level selected. So is it some kind of “Self Defense” features and if disabled, Bitdefender file can be

altered/deleted manually or by 3rd party softwares?

2) At its setting at Critical Level, detects Internet Explorer Leaks, and attempts to made change desktop

background or the IE home page. Kindly someone elaborate this .

Does this setting also detects/prevent changes made to Internet explorer security zones?

3) Where do I find detections by IDS in logs?

Comments

• Hi,

The BitDefender Intrusion Detection System monitors network and system activities for malicious activities or policy violations.

To configure the Intrusion Detection System:

1. Open BitDefender, click Options in the upper-right corner of the window and choose Expert View.

2. Go to Antivirus > Shield.

3. Click Advanced Settings.

4. Go to the IDS tab.

5. Select the corresponding check box to enable the Intrusion Detection System.

6. Drag the slider along the scale to set the desired aggressiveness level. Use the description on the right side of the scale to choose the aggressiveness level that better fits your security needs.

I can't provide you with any other information as not being considered as public information.

Topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.