Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2011 Cannot Turn Off Real Time Protection

Options

Hi, Running w7 64 bit and logged in as admin user and just noticed cannot turn off real time protection. Can uncheck it and select from drop down menu on time to turn off (anti virus- shield tab)but goes back to being checked again and turned on. Does not matter if I select password protection or not and does not help if I try turning it off from the preference tab either. thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send me a PM (Private Message) with the download link.

Kind regards,

This discussion has been closed.