Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

"services Not Responding" - Giving Up!

Options

I often fix PCs for friends and family and I always install an AV for them too, to avoid having to repair their Windows every other month. Years back, this was AVG, then Avast and then I convinced most to pay a little for a Bitdefender license (I always bought several at once for just this).

Over the past year and a half, however, Bitdefender has managed to ###### me off big time. With the release of Windows 7, a lot of people I know have wanted a new PC and on every one I installed Bitdefender on, got the same problems: a LOT of the time, Bitdefender would simply stop working and demand a reboot stating some services stopped running making the PC become unprotected. I expected this to get fixed, but it never was. Even the new 2011 client has this exact problem!!! On Saturday I installed it on another PC running Windows 7 and it IMMEDIATELY showed up grey stating services weren't running. In the space of three hours, it stopped working three times!

My HUGE problem with this, is: the icon goes grey when this happens but in Windows 7, the icon is often hidden and this means people are UNPROTECTED WITHOUT ANY WARNING! This is unacceptable! Not only are you not fixing this serious issue of vital services stopping that seems to happen on almost every PC I installed Bitdefender on, you're not even taking precautions to warn people when it does happen. Sure, sometimes a window pops up warning you, but in most cases, it never did. This frightens me because a lot of the people I give Bitdefender to, leave their PCs running or let them go into hibernation meaning they never get rebooted. My father's PC is just like this and when I found Bitdefender to have this problem and checked, Bitdefender had stopped working for over two weeks!!! After this I had no choice but to uninstall it and to install Microsoft Security Essentials.

In short: I'm giving up. I've just reinstalled my own Windows last week and installed Bitdefender and immediately got the error several times since then where it stopped working. An AV is supposed to be reliable and this is NOT it. I uninstalled it and will look for a solution that doesn't break down every other day.

Note: I can manually restart the services without a reboot by going into Task Manager and forcing the services to go back online. After a while, it makes Bitdefender start working again. So why can't your OWN software do this??? Why do you make people reboot their PC instead?

Comments

• Hello,

What BitDefender product are you using ? I do believe that the issue you encounter is either because of another security solution installed on that PC or not uninstalling a previous version of BitDefender correctly and some of its drivers or files are still present in your PC.

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

This discussion has been closed.