Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Problem Removing Bitdefender Total Security 2011

Options

Hi I am a first time user of Bit Defender and I'm having trouble getting it to implement successfully. I've sent a description of my problem off to the support team so I'm now waiting for a response. In the interim I would like to remove the software from my PC. I've used the unInstall that came with the CD as well as a version posted on this site by Danny Dan. The uninstall appears to work without any issues but when I reboot I get a BitDefender prompt window asking if I want to start using a BitDefender emergency disk or if I would like to boot using the harddrive. How do I remove this prompt window so that it does what it did before I installed BitDefender and simply boot_s using the OS found on the hard drive. My operating system is Windows XP with service pack 3.

Thanks.

Comments

• George R.
    edited December 2010
    Options

Hello MartyVK,

Please first eject the purchased BitDefender disc from the optical drive. This is caused by the fact that the disc features a Linux Live distribution powered by the BitDefender engine.

The BitDefender uninstall tool can be downloaded (saved) from:

www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Thanks that fixed the problem. :rolleyes:

Hello MartyVK,

Please first eject the purchased BitDefender disc from the optical drive. This is caused by the fact that the disc features a Linux Live distribution powered by the BitDefender engine.

The BitDefender uninstall tool can be downloaded (saved) from:

www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Resolved, topic closed.

This discussion has been closed.