Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows Search Index Blocked

Options
leighton@mail.com
edited December 2010 in Old topics

BDAV 2011 blocks the search indexing. Because I was was having problems with searching in Windows Explorer, I forced Windows 7 to rebuild the search index. It sat there with '0 items indexed' until I uninstalled BDAV 2011. I had previously disabled 'Active Virus Control' to no avail. Uninstalling was the only way I could get indexing to work. Is there some way around this glitch? I really don't want to run without BDAV 2011.

This is occurring on my PC (Win 7 Pro x86)

Thanks,

Leighton

Comments

• nikki605
    edited January 2011
    Options

@Leighton - yes, this is an acknowledged issue and will be fixed in an upcoming release sometime in January. It is being tracked in this topic.

Please follow that topic for any updates to the issue. I will close this topic as a duplicate.

Thanks for posting your experience. Something you may want to try - I also have BDAV Pro 2011 (but the x64 version) and found that I didn't have to completely uninstall BDAV to get the windows indexing to work correctly. By trial-and-error, I found that on my laptop, I could just temporarily switch off the antivirus module and rebuild the Windows index. Then I switched the antivirus module back on and discovered that windows searches, including file contents, worked correctly. However, as discussed in the other topic, this work-around does not seem to work for everyone, but is worth a try.

Happy New Year,

This discussion has been closed.