Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How I Got The Parental Control Blocked Website Problem Solved

Options

Hello,

I'm running XP-pro on a computer with one admin account and another account used for everyday tasks as surfing etc. I don't have a lot of programs installed and seldom makes changes as long as everything works.

Access to many sites was blocked from the account with limited privileges used for surfing -but not from my admin account. I tried everything on my own I thought, until asking the support support for help. They concluded I was running windows defender (I thought I'd turned it off) and adviced me to uninstall it completely, uninstall BD2011 sweep with CCleaner and re-install.

It didn't work first or second time and I was so close to leave BD completely but then realised my CCleaner might only swept one account at a time if not installed for all users -so I tried one last time and gave the computer the 'full treatment'.

Then -finally- it worked.

So what I would recommend is to:

Set all users to admin on control panel

Un-install Windows defender or other antivirus/firewall etc that might have been working well with bd before.

Install CCleaner for all users

Un-install BD2011

Re-boot

Swep all users separately both Cleaner and Registry

Re-boot again

Then install BD2011 again...

This last time I changed and installed bd2011 from the problem-riddeled account this time before turning it into an account with limited priviledges again. I can't see how it should matter but with computers one never knows so I mention it anyway.

Hope this might be of help.

Chris in Sweden

This discussion has been closed.