Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Total Security 2011 Installation Problem

Options

Hello,

I consider buying bitdefender ts 2011 but I encountered very strange behavior of my operating system after installation of bitdefender ts 2011. My Windows doesn't boot, giving me blue screen with umountable_boot_volume message, I restored my system from backup and try again and the same, installation of bitdefender ts 2011 destroy somehow my windows partition. I also tried installation on other computers and it worked well, so I am assuming that there is something peculiar with my Windows partition configuration. I am turning to you for support in diagnosing this situation.

Regards

Comments

• darnok
    edited January 2011
    Options

Really nobody has any clue? I was counting especially on some response from bitdefender crew, I wanted to buy your product and your product did something to my windows partition making windows unbootable and it is repeatable, every time I try it happens, don't you want to investigate this? Please maybe some ideas? What bitdefender does during the installation that could do something like that? Does it modify MBR or something like that?

• Please follow the procedure below to have BD tech support investigate your issue further.

1. Download this file: http://www.bitdefender.com/files/Knowledge...ile/sysdump.exe

2. Locate and open 'Sysdump.exe'

3. A command prompt window will appear on your screen. Please note that the information gathering process can take several minutes therefore please wait until the window disappear by itself.

4. The result will be the file called 'SYSDUMP.TAR' and will be located in the same folder where you ran sysdump.exe from.

5. When you have the sysdump.tar please upload it HERE

6. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your problem symptoms. Also provide any other relevant configuration information.

Depending on their workload, it may take several days for them to respond.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.