Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

No Internet Connection After Installing Bitdefender Total Security 2011

Options

I previously was using BitDefender Total Security 2010 with no problem, but the licence has just expired.

So I purchased and downloaded BitDefender Total Security 2011. I did not uninstall Total Security 2010, as the email sent to me stated that the installation process would remove the previous version.

After installing, I have no internet connection. I cannot successfully ping an IP address with the Bitdefender Firewall enabled, but can with it switched off.

I have tried repairing, uninstalling and re-intalling Total Security 2011, but still no connection.

Firewall Advanced Serttings are Detect applications that changed since the firewall rule has been created, Don't detect changes in digitally signed applications and Block Port Scans all ticked.

Running Windows XP SP3, Firefox 3.6.13 and IE6, with a Belkin N+ Wireless Router (but wired to my PC). No other PCs connected. Firefox and IE both on the Whitelist (although I assume this irrelevant, given that I can't ping successfully).

Any ideas?

Comments

• Hello,

Follow the steps explained in THIS article then send me a PM with the generated log file along with a detailed description of the issue you encounter and the link to this topic.

Looking forward to your answer!

This discussion has been closed.