Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Pchooklaunch32.exe - Application Error

Options
Amred
edited January 2011 in General module

I keep getting this error over the last few days. It doesn't matter what I am doing - I keep getting this error. How do I correct this. I do have the latest build (14.0.24.337). Thanks

post-41111-1294361449_thumb.jpg

Comments

• The next time you experience the problem, follow the procedure below to send log files to BD tech support for evaluation:

1. First please unplug the Internet cable from your computer or disable the Wireless adaptor if you are using one. This prevents the supporttools files from being automatically uploaded.

2. Click on Start and then choose My Computer/Computer.

3. Browse to:

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2011

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

4. Double-click on the supporttool.exe file - if you are using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on the supporttool application file and select Run as Administrator

5. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish

6. A file will be created on your desktop. Please move it to a location of your choice (i.e. move it on your c:\ drive)

7. Reconnect your internet cable (only after you have moved the file to the new location)

8. Upload the created file HERE

9. Include a detailed description of the issue you are encountering and a screenshot of the error message, if there is one.

10. Send a PM (Private Message) with the download link to DanyDan of tech support. Include a link to this topic and give him as much detail as possible about your PC - exact symptoms, hardware (CPU type/speed, Memory installed, etc.), OS and version, 32-bit or 64-bit, any other security software installed or previously uninstalled. Any other relevant configuration information.

It may take several days for them to analyze the files and respond depending on their workload, so please be patient.

Regards,

• Hello,

Please go to the location where you installed BitDefender and tell me the version of the two following files:

- pchook32.dll

- pchooklaunch32.exe

To see the file version you can either select to show it as one of the headers in the Explorer window or right click on the file and go to Properties. As you haven't mentioned your Operating system can't give you exact instructions to follow. Please keep in mind when you request for assistance to provide the person who assist you with at least the basics information about the issue you encounter and the PC you are using (processor, RAM, Operating system, BitDefender product you are using etc...)

Regards,

• Hello,

Please go to the location where you installed BitDefender and tell me the version of the two following files:

- pchook32.dll

- pchooklaunch32.exe

To see the file version you can either select to show it as one of the headers in the Explorer window or right click on the file and go to Properties. As you haven't mentioned your Operating system can't give you exact instructions to follow. Please keep in mind when you request for assistance to provide the person who assist you with at least the basics information about the issue you encounter and the PC you are using (processor, RAM, Operating system, BitDefender product you are using etc...)

Regards,

Hello Dan,

Here is the answer to your question.

- pchook32.dll - Version: 14.0.24.326

- pchooklaunch32.exe Version: 14.024.351

I forgot to mention in my previous message that I am using Bitdefender Internet Security 2011.

Thanks

Amred

• Hi,

You should have the following versions of the two files:

- pchook32.dll - version 14.0.13.41

- pchooklaunch32.exe - version 14.0.13.41

Open BitDefender and switch it to Expert View from the Options button. Then go to the Update tab and click on 'Update Now'. Wait for the process to complete and let me know if you receive any error message.

Also you still haven't mentioned what Operating System (Windows) are you using.

Looking forward to your answer!

• Amred
    edited January 2011
    Options

Hello Dan,

I am using Windows 7. I have automatic update enabled.

I did click on update as you requested - did not receive any errors from the update. I rebooted. I now have the following versions.

- pchooklaunch32.exe - version 14.0.13.67

Still getting the error though.

Regards,

Amred

• Hello Dan,

I am using Windows 7. I have automatic update enabled.

I did click on update as you requested - did not receive any errors from the update. I rebooted. I now have the following versions.

Still getting the error though.

Regards,

Amred

Amred,

I am having the same problem as you. I executed the support tool (and emailed the results) last week and have received no reply from BD yet. I currently have the same versions of the driver and executable file as you and I am still getting the error.

There is at least one difference though, I am using Windows XP.

I get this popup:

error.jpg

And this error in Event Viewer:

event-1.jpg

This has been going on since the 6th or so and it's getting old.

• I got tired of waiting for a response and tired of the error message. I uninstalled Bitdefender Internet Security 2011 and re-installed the program.

I no longer get the error.

However, I now have another problem in that the antiphishing tool bar is not showing up in my browser - I am using Firefox.

In Bitdefender it is ticked on and engaged but it is not in my browser. So I fixed one problem and have another. Hopefully this one won't take a week to resolve.

Amred

• Same problem..

pchook32.dll --> file version 14.0.13.41 and product version 14.0.24.326

pchooklaunch32.exe --> file version 14.0.13.67 and product version 14.0.24.331

Config: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

• I guess I won't be renewing my license because I've yet to hear anything from BD in regards to my open ticket and the support tool results I sent in. Outstanding customer support. HA...RIGHT!!!

• I must say that prior to this issue, customer service was good. I have been using Bitdefender for almost 5 years now and never had any problems so really didn't need customer support until now.

I am equally disappointed and am not sure I will be renewing either. The issue never got resolved due to any recommendations or suggestions from customer service as I simply uninstalled and re-installed the software and resolved this particular problem.

• I must say that prior to this issue, customer service was good. I have been using Bitdefender for almost 5 years now and never had any problems so really didn't need customer support until now.

I am equally disappointed and am not sure I will be renewing either. The issue never got resolved due to any recommendations or suggestions from customer service as I simply uninstalled and re-installed the software and resolved this particular problem.

I'm not so upset with the fact that they do not have an answer for this problem, it is the fact that they won't even send an acknowledgement. At least admit you have a problem, then give me a suggestion to fix it IF you have one. Don't ignore me...that will not get me as a return customer. What it will do, is cause me to pass the word to stay with the AV we were using before we decided to try bitdefender and possibly run it on all of our systems here at work. I guess it's a good thing we didn't go ahead and do them all at once.

• Same problem..

pchook32.dll --> file version 14.0.13.41

pchooklaunch32.exe --> file version 14.0.13.67

config: Windows 7 Ultimate

• Honorius
    edited February 2011
    Options

Hello, I got the same, pchooklaunch32.exe termination windows appears.

It is boring LOL

Let BD do something with this, please!

Windows 7 Ultimate 32b, BD Total Security 2011

• I think I may have fixed this problem for myself. It seems to have been tied to a WMI issue. I was having a problem with acronis disk director not opening and now that I am able to run that program I have not had this error. You can go HERE and download the WMI diagnostic tool. Run that and fix all the problems, that may help. I'm not sure if this is related to the pchooklaunch error, but I have a Dell Latitude laptop and I had disabled the services for intel PROset wireless utility because I wanted windows to manage my wireless connections. That was causing my problem with Acronis not being able to connect to localhost and it may have been causing the pchooklaunch error as well. I uninstalled PROset completely and only installed the driver for my wireless card and currently I am not having any errors. If this is the solution to the problem, BitDefender...you are welcome and thanks for NO SUPPORT.

• Thanks ohsix but the Microsoft tool doesn't work under Windows 7, LOL

• Hello,

Please read the following topic, make sure you update BitDefender and install the latest product updates as explained below:

1. Right click on the BitDefender icon in the System tray and select 'Update Now';

2. Wait for the process to complete then restart the PC;

3. Read the topic below:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=24593

4. Please let me know if the issue is now resolved or still persist.

Kind regards,

• Hi DannyDan,

I have been post the application error in this topic

Regards,

Keng